Five shows from the past you want brought back with a new cast.

I searched but could not find the thread, that we had on this years back? So I have started a new one. LOL.

1-Friday Night Lights

2-White Shadow

3-The Six Million Dollar Man

4-The Bionic Woman

5-Fantasy Island

I could keep going.

Edited by newarkcatholicfan

I feel FNL was near perfection. While I'd love for it to come back, I'm afraid it would never measure up.

Ya beat me to it. Unless they brought back the original cast, it just wouldn't do it justice.

As for someone mentioning JAG, I read not too long ago, that is already in the works.

Ya beat me to it. Unless they brought back the original cast, it just wouldn't do it justice.

As for someone mentioning JAG, I read not too long ago, that is already in the works.

This past weekend, they had David James Elliott reprise the role of Harmon Rabb on NCIS:Los Angeles. I hadn't watched that show in years, but tuned in for that. It was pretty cool to see how they did the re-introduction...you see a fighter plane land and the pilot get out and walk across the deck of the carrier. Then he flips up the glasses and takes off the helmet and introduces himself to the guys. But, the great thing about the whole process is you hear a single instrument (I'm assuming a trumpet) slowly play the intro to the JAG theme song under it. Gave me goosebumps and I'll admit it, I darn near cried. This week not only is Harm supposed to be back on, but Catherine Bell was shown in the previews too.

This past weekend, they had David James Elliott reprise the role of Harmon Rabb on NCIS:Los Angeles. I hadn't watched that show in years, but tuned in for that. It was pretty cool to see how they did the re-introduction...you see a fighter plane land and the pilot get out and walk across the deck of the carrier. Then he flips up the glasses and takes off the helmet and introduces himself to the guys. But, the great thing about the whole process is you hear a single instrument (I'm assuming a trumpet) slowly play the intro to the JAG theme song under it. Gave me goosebumps and I'll admit it, I darn near cried. This week not only is Harm supposed to be back on, but Catherine Bell was shown in the previews too.

NCIS takes place in the JAGiverse? Could be a whole big thing here if it turns out all the CBS procedurals are in a shared world with a unified grand narrative. Let’s do it, CBS.

There are no shows... just one big Show.

NCIS takes place in the JAGiverse? Could be a whole big thing here if it turns out all the CBS procedurals are in a shared world with a unified grand narrative. Let’s do it, CBS.

There are no shows... just one big Show.

Yep, believe it or not NCIS was a spinoff of JAG. I believe JAG ran for 10 years, and in the 8th or 9th year there was a storyline where Harm was being investigated for murder by...none other than Leroy Jethro Gibbs. The formal pilot for NCIS debuted the following season, if I'm remembering correctly.

There's been a couple of JAG characters make an appearance on NCIS (even after JAG was done). Bud Roberts and Admiral Chegwidden (sp?) were both on, if memory serves correctly.

Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way, but I don't want to see any old show with just a bunch of different characters.

I'm fine with a spinoff, but just redoing a show just doesn't work for me. Those shows ended for a reason. Come up with something new.