Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds at Mets (4/29 - 5/2)

Featured Replies

The 11-16 Reds, in last place of the NL Central 6 games behind the Cardinals, travel to the Big Apple to take on the 14-13 Mets, in 2nd place of the NL East, 1.5 games behind the Phillies. Starting pitchers:

 

4/29 - 7:10 PM - Roark 1-1 3.24 ERA 24 SO 1.60 WHIP (CIN) vs. Wheeler 2-2 4.85 ERA 33 SO 1.35 WHIP (NYM)

4/30 - 7:10 PM - Castillo 3-1 1.24 ERA 43 SO 0.95 WHIP (CIN) vs. Vargas 1-1 7.20 ERA 10 SO 1.93 WHIP (NYM)

5/1 - 7:00 PM - DeSclafani 1-1 4.26 ERA 28 SO 1.26 WHIP (CIN) vs. deGrom 4.85 ERA 43 SO 1.38 WHIP (NYM)

5/2 - 12:10 PM - Mahle 0-3 4.50 ERA 26 SO 1.39 WHIP (CIN) vs. Syndergaard 1-3 6.35 ERA 39 SO 1.47 WHIP (NYM)

  • Replies 137
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight's lineup:

 

Peraza (2B)

Votto (1B)

Suarez (3B)

Winker (LF)

Puig (RF)

Schebler (CF)

Iglesias (SS)

Barnhart ©

Roark (P)

 

1. How bad does Schebler have to look in order to lose his spot? It's absolutely infuriating as a fan at this point. I won't even hop on the bring Senzel train, but you have Ervin here, PLAY HIM!! David Bell comes across as absolutely stubborn with it at this point. Makes a fan want to turn off the TV.

 

2. What thought process goes into whether the pitcher hits 8th or 9th. I know it doesn't make a great difference, but it seems once a week Bell goes with the traditional pitcher in the 9 hole lineup.

 

I'd be interested in hearing Bell's thoughts on those two things.

 

2. What thought process goes into whether the pitcher hits 8th or 9th. I know it doesn't make a great difference, but it seems once a week Bell goes with the traditional pitcher in the 9 hole lineup.

 

 

I think it all depends on whether Peraza is starting or not. I think it was Brantley that I heard talk about this the other night. He said if you bat Peraza 8th, with the pitcher batting 9th...there's absolutely no incentive for the other team to throw Peraza a strike. If he chases and gets himself out...perfect. If he walks...no big deal, because you've got the pitcher batting next. So, he liked having Votto batting after Peraza to offer some "protection", which is why Peraza was in the 9th spot and Votto was leading off.

 

Now, whether or not this is Bell's philosophy or not, I can't say.

On WLW tonight, they said Schebler was hitting like .191 since last June.

Good guys currently up 4-2.

 

Just kidding, based loaded and Roark walked in a run on 4 pitches. Maybe I need to turn it back off.

Just kidding, based loaded and Roark walked in a run on 4 pitches. Maybe I need to turn it back off.

 

Peralta comes in and does the exact same. Woof. Tie game.

Winkler with a big solo bomb to put the Reds on top for good. Glad to start the series with a W.

The Reds really need Castillo to get deep in the game tonight to set the bullpen back up for the rest of the series. They actually did a really good job spreading it out last night for the amount of innings they covered, but it would be great to only use 1-2 guys today, or 2 and a specialist.

Reds just have some terrible At Bats.

 

I know I've been one of the first to dog the negativity on the Reds boards, but I will agree with this. Every once in a while I just wonder how in the world you can be on the major league level and enter some at bats with the approach they do.

 

Example: if we have two guys on in a tight game, the last thing I want Puig to do is watch two fastballs. (Did this the other night) I'd be happier with an absolutely selfish over swing in that situation. Instead he watches the first two strikes and swings at an off-speed pitch in the dirt.

I know I've been one of the first to dog the negativity on the Reds boards, but I will agree with this. Every once in a while I just wonder how in the world you can be on the major league level and enter some at bats with the approach they do.

 

Example: if we have two guys on in a tight game, the last thing I want Puig to do is watch two fastballs. (Did this the other night) I'd be happier with an absolutely selfish over swing in that situation. Instead he watches the first two strikes and swings at an off-speed pitch in the dirt.

 

Where I come from if you took two strikes down the middle, someone would shout out, “Don’t stand up there and let the hogs eat you!”

Tonight's lineup:

 

Peraza (2B)

Votto (1B)

Suarez (3B)

Puig (RF)

Casali ©

Ervin (CF)

Winker (LF)

Iglesias (SS)

Castillo (P)

 

Amazing how much different that lineup looks with Ervin and Casali in it. (Side note: I still think Barnhart comes around)

Tonight's lineup:

 

Peraza (2B)

Votto (1B)

Suarez (3B)

Puig (RF)

Casali ©

Ervin (CF)

Winker (LF)

Iglesias (SS)

Castillo (P)

 

Amazing how much different that lineup looks with Ervin and Casali in it. (Side note: I still think Barnhart comes around)

 

People will go nuts when they see this lineup. "Winker bats cleanup last night, and hits the game winning home run...and today he's batting 7th?"

Suarez homers to tie game at one. Reds can't score off Mets #5 starter. Castillo pitching another good game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.