UK vs UCLA

YAKOFNORWEGIA

Some will get it, some I wonder. I also have a pet peeve about he creativy of inbounds plays. We need to petition the rules committee about "free-ins" to keep from having a couple of needless to's per game. Why can't we inbound the ball?

Was Sheray the one who was inbounding the ball?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Some will get it, some I wonder. I also have a pet peeve about he creativy of inbounds plays. We need to petition the rules committee about "free-ins" to keep from having a couple of needless to's per game. Why can't we inbound the ball?
Often times, inbounding the ball is done with a "non ball-handler" and usually, a less than great passer since the option is to get a ball-handler, the inbounds quickly.

Pressure defense or 3/4 court trapping, is coming back into many coaches game plan and then, dropping back to there halfcourt defense.

Bradley is learning the point role, on the job and he will make mistakes, which make an entire season for him to correct, during the course of play. The Freshman will get better in time and some of the big post players, often look like they are trying to get rid of the ball, as opposed to pass it in many programs.

To me, weak side defensive help, communication, setting quality screens and perimeter ball movement, are the keys to getting UK better, which I believe will happen in time.

Often times, inbounding the ball is done with a "non ball-handler" and usually, a less than great passer since the option is to get a ball-handler, the inbounds quickly.

Pressure defense or 3/4 court trapping, is coming back into many coaches game plan and then, dropping back to there halfcourt defense.

Bradley is learning the point role, on the job and he will make mistakes, which make an entire season for him to correct, during the course of play. The Freshman will get better in time and some of the big post players, often look like they are trying to get rid of the ball, as opposed to pass it in many programs.

To me, weak side defensive help, communication, setting quality screens and perimeter ball movement, are the keys to getting UK better, which I believe will happen in time.

If the guy taking it out can't make a sound decision and pass then he shouldn't be the one doing that job. This is D1 major college basketball, to play at this level you should be able realize that a 40' pass with a lot of air under it will not reach it's intended target.

If the guy taking it out can't make a sound decision and pass then he shouldn't be the one doing that job. This is D1 major college basketball, to play at this level you should be able realize that a 40' pass with a lot of air under it will not reach it's intended target.
Mistakes will happen and continue, with a team that is young and with differing personnel running the team.

Its early, the little things will be corrected in practice and perhaps even tonight, against UCLA. The pace of the game, will be determined by the defense and it will be interesting to see some of the match-ups UK will be faced with.

Who will guard the wing and baseline, often will change each time down the floor. This will have to be a well managed game plan tonight, by each team.

Mistakes will happen and continue, with a team that is young and with differing personnel running the team.

Its early, the little things will be corrected in practice and perhaps even tonight, against UCLA. The pace of the game, will be determined by the defense and it will be interesting to see some of the match-ups UK will be faced with.

Who will guard the wing and baseline, often will change each time down the floor. This will have to be a well managed game plan tonight, by each team.

I think that tonight's game will be a nice test. We need to learn from it whether win or lose. The whole inbounds thing however is no different than it has been for 3 or 4 years.

I was pleased with Kentucky last night. I guess my expectations were not to high. They have a solid foundation to have a very competitive season. If they play close to, or beat UCLA, expectations will be much higher. They appear to push the ball harder up the floor, which is exciting to watch. I think we are in for a fun season. Kentucky will probably lose a close one to UCLA. I prefer a win.