UK vs UCLA

YAKOFNORWEGIA

I think the only way it gets to a double digit win for UCLA is fouling at the end. I guess the way I say it is that it will be about a 6 point game, and UCLA probably comes out on top. Afflalo and Mbah a Moute will be tough draws for the Cats.

For UK to win this game Ramel and Randolph have to play well. Also need solid games from Crawford and Perry but I believe the keys are obviously Randolph and with this game in particular Ramel. Could be a good idea to see the Jasper, Crawford, Ramel lineup a lot tonight.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Defensive rebounding will be a key for UK in this one. UCLA doesn't have a lot of motion in their offense, that I watched but they reverse the ball well, along with skip passes over the defense.

Second chance points, perimeter outside shooting and rebounding are a must. I think right now, UCLA may be a littler better but should be a good test for UK.

UCLA - 68

UK - 64

Hope I'm wrong and have been plenty of times before.

Does UCLA have anyone as heavy on their feet as it appears that Crawford is? He seems slow.
He drops his head too often, when driving and in the paint area.

He's more of a perimeter style player, to me. Crawford is an important part of the offense and will get better, as the season progresses.

I agree he is needed. He just seems slow on the defensive end.
I think UK's baseline defense, is an area Coach Smith will be working to correct. They don't switch or communicate well yet but it's certainly very early in the season.

Blocking out and denying the baseline, will be a point of emphasis I'm sure in practice, for the next several weeks.

Entry passes to the post, must be much crisper and sooner. So far, they seem a little apprehensive on the set-up offense, than when they are pushing the ball up.

If I were Tubby I would be trying to curtail our freshmen and their lazy one-handed passes.
Part of the mistakes, of being a Freshman and playing time, plus coaches will correct that.

Happens often, since the transition from high school to the college game, is much faster, stronger and bigger.

I think UK's baseline defense, is an area Coach Smith will be working to correct. They don't switch or communicate well yet but it's certainly very early in the season.

Blocking out and denying the baseline, will be a point of emphasis I'm sure in practice, for the next several weeks.

Entry passes to the post, must be much crisper and sooner. So far, they seem a little apprehensive on the set-up offense, than when they are pushing the ball up.

I agree that the close out on the wing and baseline was not very good. This wasn't always by a freshman. It also looked like when a player gained an advantage with the dribble there was no fight in the recovery effort. Often times just conceded the layup.

I agree that the close out on the wing and baseline was not very good. This wasn't always by a freshman. It also looked like when a player gained an advantage with the dribble there was no fight in the recovery effort. Often times just conceded the layup.
True and I've always felt, that learning to play effective defense with your feet and body position, is a fundamental lacking on every level of play and including college basketball.

UK has a lot of paint/lane coverage, with arm spans but they will continually develop, the footwork associate to be good individual defensive players and thus, better as a team.

True and I've always felt, that learning to play effective defense with your feet and body position, is a fundamental lacking on every level of play and including college basketball.

UK has a lot of paint/lane coverage, with arm spans but they will continually develop, the footwork associate to be good individual defensive players and thus, better as a team.

Some will get it, some I wonder. I also have a pet peeve about he creativy of inbounds plays. We need to petition the rules committee about "free-ins" to keep from having a couple of needless to's per game. Why can't we inbound the ball?