March 22, 20197 yr Final the Bearcats did not shoot it very well and their defense (especially on guarding the 3 was not what is has been)imo. I would have liked to seen them pulled it out.
March 22, 20197 yr Iowa ultimately goes 11/22 from three and shoots 29/53 from the field to take down favored Cincinnati. The Bearcats led by as many as 13 early as they dominated the glass, but that faded as Brooks fell into foul trouble for Cincy, and Iowa simply never stopped their relentless three point barrage. I started the update thread calling Cincinnati criminally underseeded and I stick by it. They simply ran into the wrong team at the wrong time today. For instance, Luke Garza shot 27.9% from three this year. Went 2/3. It was his first time hitting multiple since January.
March 22, 20197 yr They are consistently terrible in the NCAA tourney. Somethings not right. I think that is because UC is almost always an offensively challenged team. Great defensively. Not great offensively. In the tournament, you need players to hit tough shots. That has been a UC shortcoming.
March 22, 20197 yr I’m at the point where as a UC fan this type of performance doesn’t shock me. Something has to change and that may be the man walking the sideline. Up 20+ last year to Nevada and blew it. Up 13 today and never adjusted to handle Iowa’s press.
March 22, 20197 yr Was supposed to be a down year for the Bearcats, so UC fans cant be to upset. They weren't beating UT anyway.
March 23, 20197 yr Final the Bearcats did not shoot it very well and their defense (especially on guarding the 3 was not what is has been)imo. I would have liked to seen them pulled it out. Hasn't UC struggled with guarding the three ball most of the year?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.