5 places in state you want to see a game at

I

I didn’t know about that. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a high school stadium with a roof. Anybody know about any others?

Old Cardinal Stadium in Louisville had a roof. It was of course a college stadium but there were quite a few high school games played there.

Breathitt County with the roof over the entire length of the stands is pretty cool...it traps the sound in and can get crazy loud.

Photos of this roof?

Crd1Ft1XgAAG1EF.jpg

Man that would have been nice this past year anywhere in Northern Kentucky. I think it rained every dang Friday night.

I

I didn’t know about that. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a high school stadium with a roof. Anybody know about any others?

Ironton, OH is the first and only other one I have been to.

Breathitt is an unique place. It sits above a river bed and the visitor seating is paltry and in a perpetual area of mud it seems. If you try to sit on the covered home side the fans have always been "less than welcoming" to say the least.

They also have had a loud cannon for years.

When Breathitt was good under Holcomb it was one of the toughest places to play in the State bar none.

For me:

1. Russellville- I love the old school architecture and nuances of this stadium. The crazy entrance with the stone carved faces and the odd shaped end zone. Would love to see a game here.

2. Mayfield- War Memorial is just an unique place and would love to see it. A real Friday Night Lights vibe.

3. Raceland- I have a soft spot for the Rams fanbase and for the old school Ohio River communities. I have always heard Raceland was an unique vibe on Friday Nights.

4. Covington Catholic- I would like to see a big game where the CovCath student section was engaged and into the game.

5. Fort Campbell- For the shear oddity factor of watching a KY HS Football team that plays geographically in TN.

For me:

1. Russellville- I love the old school architecture and nuances of this stadium. The crazy entrance with the stone carved faces and the odd shaped end zone. Would love to see a game here.

Crazy place to play. That end zone with the hill in the corner could surely be corrected if it hasn’t already. Then that huge drop off on the far sideline. They also put the visitors on the home side of the field, or at least that’s how it used to be.