Upcoming Movies You'd Like To See (2019 Edition)

Quentin Tarantino has a crime/mystery/thriller coming up this year. Has something or other to do with the Manson Family Murders. It has a heck of an all-star cast. Tim Roth, Kurt Russell, Michael Madsen, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Al Pacino, Emile Hirsch, Damian Lewis, Bruce Dern, Dakota Fanning, Luke Perry (assuming this was his last movie role), Lena Dunham, Clifton Collins Jr., and Rumer Willis.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

(Language Warning)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HBO is going to be releasing a documentary on Muhammad Ali called What's My Name this year. Lebron James is producing, and Antoine Fuqua is directing. Definitely looking forward to watching. Ken Burns will also have a 2-part four hour documentary on Ali this year, which I'm also obviously interested to see. Burns' documentaries are the gold standard.

• 2 weeks later...
The Highwaymen

This one comes out in limited theatrical release in the middle of this month, and will be released on Netflix at the end of the month.

Watched it today...pretty good movie.

Costner and Harrelson were reliably good and the movie moved along at a good pace.

I'm sure there were a few liberty's taken with the story, but as a whole it was pretty close to the story as I knew it.

For some reason I can't wait to see the movie, "Yesterday." Howard Stern was talking about it on his show a couple months ago, and I just this morning saw the previews for it.

It is about a struggling musician who comes out of a worldwide blackout, and he is the only person that knows of The Beatles and their music. So he plagiarizes and becomes a world wide sensation. Easy, feel good type movie.

Edited by bugatti

Get to take my two six year old twin grandchildren to see Dumbo on Saturday. Mrs. Oldercoach and I are very excited to watch their reaction.

We’re taking our niece to see it today. I may skip out from them and watch Shazam though. Reviews for Dumbo are pretty bad.

Saw Shazam last night in Winchester and there was a large audience. Pretty good movie and had a lot of comical scenes mixed in with other action.

Got a little annoyed at some teenagers who sat close to the back where I was. One group talked and laughed throughout the movie and one of them would shout out "SHAZAM!" whenever the theater was quite, then the group would laugh as if it was funny. Then another group of teenagers behind me made belching sounds throughout the movie. Another teen in the row in front of me had their cell phone on and off throughout the movie texting.

I still enjoyed the movie but it was hard to block out some of the distractions around me.

The new Joker movie has my interest. Obviously nobody is going to ever top Heath Ledger, but the trailer has me hopeful for a great performance from Joaquin Phoenix.

Count me in as one of the people who ascribes to the "these are different iterations of the Joker" way of thinking.

Cesar Romero fron the 60s version created the character off of paper and gave him a voice. Jack Nicholson made us re-think and realize how dark and twisted Joker could be in the 1989 version. There are the various animated versions, including Mark Hamill's, mos famously. Those explore a more classic "comic book character" approach mixed with some of the dark, mentally unstable aspects that Nicholson hinted at. Then there is Ledger's anarchist Joker, which steps further into the aspect of Joker's psychosis, and steps completely away from the original Jack Napier/Joker story line, which also makes it very difficult to compare Ledger's version to Nicholson's. Then there's Jared Leto's version from Suicide Squad, which is intended to be a very dark version modeled from Ledger's character, but mixed a bit more with the personality of some of the animated versions...this version just fell flat, if you ask me.

Now we have Phoenix, whose character has an entirely new backstory, this "Arthur Fleck, standup comedian" thing. I'm waiting to see how that pans out, but I'm also hopeful.

I do think Ledger's character is my favorite depiction of the Joker thus far, seconded closely by Nicholson's, but I don't think I can possibly say that Ledger's version will never be bested.