Upcoming Movies You'd Like To See (2019 Edition)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife and I saw "Unplanned" this week. The opening scenes are harder to watch than the opening to "Saving Private Ryan", the rest of the movie rough in a few places.

I had a vague idea what it was about, but not the point of view it had.

So, was it good?

The upcoming movie "A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood" starring Tom Hanks as Fred Rogers looks like it could be interesting. It's not exactly a biopic about Mr. Rogers. It's about Esquire writer Lloyd Vogel's experience writing a profile piece on Mr. Rogers. Due out towards the end of the year.

Roland Emmerich is directing a war drama, "Midway" about the WWII Battle of Midway. I'm not sure how I feel about Emmerich's choice to direct the movie, since his directorial collection is more of a big budget effects style rather than historically accurate war dramatization. I've got a feeling this movie is going to end up more like Micheal Bay's "Pear Harbor" than it will "Saving Private Ryan". Woody Harrelson, Patrick Wilson, Mandy Moore, Dennis Quaid, Nick Jonas, and Aaron Eckhart are all set to star.

Ed Norton has owned the film rights to the crime novel "Motherless Brooklyn", set in 1950s New York City, for several years now. He finally started filming under his own direction in February. Cast includes himself in the starring role, along with Willem Dafoe, Bruce Willis, Alec Baldwin, Leslie Mann, Bobby Cannavale, Michael K. Williams, and Dallas Roberts. Looks interesting.

Russian filmmaker Victor Kossakovsky’s has a pretty interesting movie that has been making the film festival rounds. "Aquarela" is a 90 minute film intended to show off the beauty, power, and sometimes terror that water brings to the earth. He filmed it at an unusually high film rate of 96 frames per minute in order to give as much flash as possible to....water. This one sounds really interesting.

Roland Emmerich is directing a war drama, "Midway" about the WWII Battle of Midway. I'm not sure how I feel about Emmerich's choice to direct the movie, since his directorial collection is more of a big budget effects style rather than historically accurate war dramatization. I've got a feeling this movie is going to end up more like Micheal Bay's "Pear Harbor" than it will "Saving Private Ryan". Woody Harrelson, Patrick Wilson, Mandy Moore, Dennis Quaid, Nick Jonas, and Aaron Eckhart are all set to star.

The original Midway is one of my favorite war movies. Pretty much everyone in Hollywood at the time is in it. I hope this one approaches the original.

• 3 months later...
The upcoming movie "A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood" starring Tom Hanks as Fred Rogers looks like it could be interesting. It's not exactly a biopic about Mr. Rogers. It's about Esquire writer Lloyd Vogel's experience writing a profile piece on Mr. Rogers. Due out towards the end of the year.

[video=youtube;-VLEPhfEN2M]

Trying to reserve judgment, but based on the trailer, I've got a feeling that my early take from back in April may well be true about this one.

Saw “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood” in Richmond last night. It is a good movie with some great acting from Leo and Brad. I’d give it an 8 on a 10 scale.

It is a typical Tarantino movie and has a few twist and turns to it. I liked it just fine but my better half said she was just so-so with it, liking some parts of it and finding others boring. That is similar to some of the reviews, with most holding it in high regards but a few not so much.

It is 2:40 in time but actually zipped along at a pace that it didn’t feel like a long movie, at least not to me.

Leo Decaprio will for sure get an Oscar nomination for Best Actor. It wouldn’t surprise me if Brad Pitt and Margo Robbie get nominations as well.