joedirt

Who wins?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way OC wins against a running team unless the running team helps them ... I think OC has the kids with talent , need dose of tackling fundamentals - did last year anyway...

Good luck to both teams ... Both are programs with class .... kids reflect coaching ... all 4 left have good programs ...

Still would like to see the scotty again ... live mascots are the best ...

You know I hear a lot about OC getting blasted by past Eastern teams because of the Running game. It's deserved criticism when Russell had some300 yards rushing and Belfry had 500+ before.

That said, Russell won by a 27-13 score and Belfry by a touchdown. For all their rushing mastery Russell gave up more yards to OC than they gained and Belfry barely won.

OC finds ways to stay in the game. Mercer will have to balance things out I believe and the intangible not being mentioned is their defense. I think Mercer's defense is pretty good and has done a great job all year. I don't see that changing.

Look for the Titans to win 35-7.

You know I hear a lot about OC getting blasted by past Eastern teams because of the Running game. It's deserved criticism when Russell had some300 yards rushing and Belfry had 500+ before.

That said, Russell won by a 27-13 score and Belfry by a touchdown. For all their rushing mastery Russell gave up more yards to OC than they gained and Belfry barely won.

OC finds ways to stay in the game. Mercer will have to balance things out I believe and the intangible not being mentioned is their defense. I think Mercer's defense is pretty good and has done a great job all year. I don't see that changing.

Look for the Titans to win 35-7.

It also doesn't hurt to keep a team in the game when you turn the ball over... especially at the goal line.

I think the fact that Belfry and Russell devoured the Ocath defense isn't something to lean on. Russell gained decidedly less yards last year than Belfry the previous year and it ahd nothing to do with talent level... it was more of Edge making adjustments knowing he had a great runnign team to play.

As I said in the earlier thread and will repeat here... after two straight years of watching his teams getting carved up I have a feelign Coach Edge made it a personal off-season goal to research better way to shore up his run defense, and also critically analyzed what they did wrong last season.

Mercer 28

OCath 14

The bottom line in this game is that Catholic can not stop the run against a good team. I personally hope the Aces go up there and represent the city of Owensboro well, but know that in Catholic's losses this year they have been killed on the ground. On paper, I think this is a huge mismatch. However, games are not won on paper and you dont have a stat sheet for heart. This time of the year coach Edge always has the Aces on top of their game, but Friday I dont think it will matter how well they play. Mercer is loaded, and they have too much speed and rushing power for OCath.

Mercer County 49

Owensboro Catholic 21

:fire:

Thinking about driving to Harrodsburg if I can find someone to ride with me to witness the phenomena known as the Mercer Co. Titans.

First time I've ever pulled for a private but I'll be on the OC side for this one.

If OC is within 2 TDs I believe it should be considered an upset.........

2 td's is more than likely wishful thinking. If OC can't contain the outside as was stated earlier, it will be a long ride and a long game for OC. Just too much speed and a stable of running backs that can bring so many different running styles to the table. I hope it is a good game, Mercer has only been truly tested late in the game 1 time this year. It'd be interesting to see how they perform with pressure.