Owensboro Catholic at Mercer Co. (II)

joedirt

Who wins?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Questions if the backs can block? Have you seen them play? I guess not,. They are great blocking backs, that how 10 yard gains become TD's. Believe it or not, other teams besides Belfry and Russell can run the ball between the tackles.

I haven't seen them play in person.. that's why I asked the question. I was never implying they can't block..just simply asking.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one will challenge Mercer this season. They will win by a large margin this Friday. They will by a similar margin in Louisville. Too much speed etc. for any 2A team to compete with. Mercer will romp through 2A this season on their way to 5A next season. They will be a sort of "one-hit-wonder" this season. Enjoy the ride.

Mercer will not romp the Devils ... No way , no how ... We played last year ... even with the combined schools Devils can match ..

Devils strength is athletes who can play football ... Sounds like Mercer is the same .... Power teams who can dominate between the tackles give Devils fits ... Everything else the Devils have covered ...

Mercer will not romp the Devils ... No way , no how ... We played last year ... even with the combined schools Devils can match ..

Devils strength is athletes who can play football ... Sounds like Mercer is the same .... Power teams who can dominate between the tackles give Devils fits ... Everything else the Devils have covered ...

Watch that cart getting in front of the horses...;)

No one will challenge Mercer this season. They will win by a large margin this Friday. They will by a similar margin in Louisville. Too much speed etc. for any 2A team to compete with. Mercer will romp through 2A this season on their way to 5A next season. They will be a sort of "one-hit-wonder" this season. Enjoy the ride.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..tomorrow everything is on sale for Christmas. You should go to Spencer's and buy yourself a brand new crystal ball. Yours is broken.

I will however file this one away. I can't wait to hear the "experts" explain away Mercer's success next year. They will compete just fine in their new district and classification. 23-2 and counting the last two seasons is not exactly a "one hit wonder" team. Start getting your excuses ready early, because next year the merge talk won't cut it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..tomorrow everything is on sale for Christmas. You should go to Spencer's and buy yourself a brand new crystal ball. Yours is broken.

I will however file this one away. I can't wait to hear the "experts" explain away Mercer's success next year. They will compete just fine in their new district and classification. 23-2 and counting the last two seasons is not exactly a "one hit wonder" team. Start getting your excuses ready early, because next year the merge talk won't cut it.

I love confidence, but blind loyalty can hurt a program. Let's win the Championship this year then worry about the one next year. Mercer still has two games to play before they get sized for rings.

Let's face it no one can touch Mercer. You are right. Let's see Westerns only opponent this year was Mercer. Male was ranked #3 in the nation and could not loose. I have to wonder if the Mighty Titans can do it??? One thing is for sure, The Best Team Will Win. You don't win a state championship without a little luck on your side too. Just ask anyone who has won one in 2-A. Now with Mercer they just might be so good that they don't need any luck.

Good luck

I love confidence, but blind loyalty can hurt a program. Let's win the Championship this year then worry about the one next year. Mercer still has two games to play before they get sized for rings.

Let's face it no one can touch Mercer. You are right. Let's see Westerns only opponent this year was Mercer. Male was ranked #3 in the nation and could not loose. I have to wonder if the Mighty Titans can do it??? One thing is for sure, The Best Team Will Win. You don't win a state championship without a little luck on your side too. Just ask anyone who has won one in 2-A. Now with Mercer they just might be so good that they don't need any luck.

Good luck

Thanks and good luck to you all also.

By the way, I didn't say a thing about a championship...this year or next. This year has been a success regardless of the next game or hopefully two.

We measure success in state titles. We don't display district, region or runner-up trophies at Trinity. So if success is a winning season at Mercer, we're not on the same page. Next year Mercer will be in a class with one of the winningest programs in the state (along with a bunch of other great teams). My post was clear, I don't think anybody touches them this year but they won't win it all (state title) in the future after that. Of course its JMO, but I'll stick by it. Check back with me next season, and the next, and the next etc.

We measure success in state titles. We don't display district, region or runner-up trophies at Trinity. So if success is a winning season at Mercer, we're not on the same page. Next year Mercer will be in a class with one of the winningest programs in the state (along with a bunch of other great teams). My post was clear, I don't think anybody touches them this year but they won't win it all (state title) in the future after that. Of course its JMO, but I'll stick by it. Check back with me next season, and the next, and the next etc.

We measure success in state titles. We don't display district, region or runner-up trophies at Trinity.

Too bad for your kids....they earned every one of those trophies. Success is definitely NOT just a state title.

So if success is a winning season at Mercer, we're not on the same page. Buddy you're from Trinity....you're not on the same page as 90% of us...and that's not necessarily meant to be offensive. Trinity is of course a perrenial power, but most of us have to get it done a different way than you guys do...

Of course its JMO, but I'll stick by it.

:thumb: What you're saying is not new or nonsensical. I just happen to think that 1. Mercer is going to surprise some people who think they can't compete next year. 2. Mercer is poised to be one of those "great" teams perennially in the very near future. The kids are there, the coaches are there, the facilities are there, and most importantly the COMMITMENT is there.

We measure success in state titles. We don't display district, region or runner-up trophies at Trinity.

Too bad for your kids....they earned every one of those trophies. Success is definitely NOT just a state title.

So if success is a winning season at Mercer, we're not on the same page. Buddy you're from Trinity....you're not on the same page as 90% of us...and that's not necessarily meant to be offensive. Trinity is of course a perrenial power, but most of us have to get it done a different way than you guys do...

Of course its JMO, but I'll stick by it.

:thumb: What you're saying is not new or nonsensical. I just happen to think that 1. Mercer is going to surprise some people who think they can't compete next year. 2. Mercer is poised to be one of those "great" teams perennially in the very near future. The kids are there, the coaches are there, the facilities are there, and most importantly the COMMITMENT is there.

:thumb: Programs have to be built. Mercer is building. I'm not saying that they are going to challenge for the state title every year. They are going to have their ups and downs, but for all of the reasons that JD states this program will challenge in 5A. So all of the nay sayers and people who are wishing bad on Mercer in the years to come, keep on wishing. The same tallent base that is on this team this year will be on it in the future.

:thumb: Programs have to be built. Mercer is building. I'm not saying that they are going to challenge for the state title every year. They are going to have their ups and downs, but for all of the reasons that JD states this program will challenge in 5A. So all of the nay sayers and people who are wishing bad on Mercer in the years to come, keep on wishing. The same tallent base that is on this team this year will be on it in the future.

I don't think that anyone would wish bad on Mercer I just think that several think Mercer is getting the cary in front of the horse. Win a state Championship and show you are a powerhouse. Then go to 5-A and play good football. But alluding that Mercer is going to contend in 5-A is a big statement from anyone who has not been there. "When you can Walk the walk, then you can talk the talk." Thats all.

I don't think that anyone would wish bad on Mercer I just think that several think Mercer is getting the cary in front of the horse. Win a state Championship and show you are a powerhouse. Then go to 5-A and play good football. But alluding that Mercer is going to contend in 5-A is a big statement from anyone who has not been there. "When you can Walk the walk, then you can talk the talk." Thats all.

Jeepman, you have been a voice of reason on many threads. Russell is the type of program that Mercer would like to emulate. A good team every year, and a special team in certain years.

I know you have never wished bad on anyone (other than wanting to beat them) but there are people out there wishing bad on Mercer. Just like the commenter who said he would cheer for a private school for the first time. And he's not the only one.

May Russell and Belfry both play their best game of the season and may the best team win. Hopefully we will win also and see you next week.