joedirt

Who wins?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading all the posts ..... Aces pass in for awhile but the dog's to much ...

Mercer ( former Scotties ) 48

OC Aces 21

Mercer a week from friday , Scotty will be eating from a Pizza Box in the ville ....

Either way ( Devils or Belfry) bring your lunch - one game season that will go down to the last possession ...

Beer cans

fastfood wrappers

cigarette butts

discarded food containers

Sorry about the trash talking, but I have to go with the speed. Mercer should win this one comfortably.

Don't take this the wrong way. You and others talk about all this speed on the team. I'm just curious where were these speedsters last year when they played Russell? I really don't remember seeing anyone who had legit 4.5 speed. Reggie Bush has 4.5 speed and from what I here Mercer has three that are faster than Bush. Someone stated weeks ago that the three were 4.31, 4.32, and 4.33, or somthing to that equivalent. Now we all know that was an exageration. Even so if you have 3 that are 4.5 in high school I would agree Mercer will not be stopped. Now maybe they did not get the opportunity to show that speed last year, or maybe thay played for another team last year. I think Russell all in all is a very fast team. Russell has no players with the incredible speed that I here that Mercer has.

Just beat O.C. I want to see the winner of the Russell, Belfry game play Mercer.

Don't take this the wrong way. You and others talk about all this speed on the team. I'm just curious where were these speedsters last year when they played Russell? I really don't remember seeing anyone who had legit 4.5 speed. Reggie Bush has 4.5 speed and from what I here Mercer has three that are faster than Bush. Someone stated weeks ago that the three were 4.31, 4.32, and 4.33, or somthing to that equivalent. Now we all know that was an exageration. Even so if you have 3 that are 4.5 in high school I would agree Mercer will not be stopped. Now maybe they did not get the opportunity to show that speed last year, or maybe thay played for another team last year. I think Russell all in all is a very fast team. Russell has no players with the incredible speed that I here that Mercer has.

Just beat O.C. I want to see the winner of the Russell, Belfry game play Mercer.

I'm not a Mercer insider but I think one of the three "fast backs" for Mercer played for the Scotties last year. The other two were on Harrodsburg's squad. I also understand that many of these young men placed well in the State Track finals and that also solidifies the notion that they have speed.

Maybe Titan can help this answer out more with some of his facts.

There's not a kid in the state that runs a 4.3. The Mercer kids just look fast against the plodding 2A teams they have faced.

I'm not sure how many real Titan fans claimed that mark.

They are fast, on any level though.

I'm not a Mercer insider but I think one of the three "fast backs" for Mercer played for the Scotties last year. The other two were on Harrodsburg's squad. I also understand that many of these young men placed well in the State Track finals and that also solidifies the notion that they have speed.

Maybe Titan can help this answer out more with some of his facts.

Any 40 that is not done with a laser is questionable so who knows. The only legit times that I know of are thier regional and state 100 meter times.

Jackson - 10.76

Walker - 11.01

Ford - 11.04

How that translates into a 40, I don't know. But it's pretty darn fast.

Thinking about driving to Harrodsburg if I can find someone to ride with me to witness the phenomena known as the Mercer Co. Titans.

First time I've ever pulled for a private but I'll be on the OC side for this one.

If OC is within 2 TDs I believe it should be considered an upset.........

I like us against the world. It's great motivation.

I think theres still alot of question marks regarding Mercer...It reminds me alot of Johnson Central....Both have won by large margins all year but both there schedules are questionable....When you play in a weak district, its sometimes hard to guage a team....Mercers best wins are to a down Boyle team and a fair Lex Christian, Larue and Newport teams....To me, alot of the upper echelon teams around the state could be undefeated against there schedule....Not saying they aren't a good team, just saying they may well be a little too hyped up without any real quality wins on there resume...

Ford and Jackson both came from H-burg, Walker has always been at Mercer.

I have no doubt that Mercer is loaded with speed in the backfield, but what really matters is team speed. For example.. Belfry has noone near a 4.5 that starts this season but they are one of the quickest teams in the state across the board. Just ask Middlesboro who I am fairly certain was on the whole was comparable in skill position speed to Mercer.

It's also a question to me as to how the backs are able to block? Walker, Ford, and Jackson are true halfbacks... and not the biggest of backs at that.. whereas Belfry and Russell have established fullbacks to lead block.

Mercer fans... is mercer's runnign game catered to primarily attack the outside and corners, or is it more of a true pwoer running game liek Belfry who in their win against Middlesboro ran ZERO runing plays outside of the tackles.

I have no doubt that Mercer is loaded with speed in the backfield, but what really matters is team speed. For example.. Belfry has noone near a 4.5 that starts this season but they are one of the quickest teams in the state across the board. Just ask Middlesboro who I am fairly certain was on the whole was comparable in skill position speed to Mercer.

It's also a question to me as to how the backs are able to block? Walker, Ford, and Jackson are true halfbacks... and not the biggest of backs at that.. whereas Belfry and Russell have established fullbacks to lead block.

Mercer fans... is mercer's runnign game catered to primarily attack the outside and corners, or is it more of a true pwoer running game liek Belfry who in their win against Middlesboro ran ZERO runing plays outside of the tackles.

It's about 65-35 between the tackles. Griffith is a bruiser and so is Walker. But Jaggers goes up the middle with everybody. He knows if he gets a crease Jackson, Ford, and Walker can all take it to the house and nobody has an angle

Questions if the backs can block? Have you seen them play? I guess not,. They are great blocking backs, that how 10 yard gains become TD's. Believe it or not, other teams besides Belfry and Russell can run the ball between the tackles.