Highlands - 2019 Schedule

Any chance that we will see Hudy on the offensive side of the ball as well this year?

I would love a wildcat package with him. It would only need like 4 plays. It would give the opposing defensive coordinator some extra stuff to prepare for. Waste practice time.

I would love a wildcat package with him. It would only need like 4 plays. It would give the opposing defensive coordinator some extra stuff to prepare for. Waste practice time.

The new OC will absolutely have plays for him on O.

Very good program and a D-1 factory.

Belfry played them in 2015 and 2016.

In 2015, Belfry beat them soundly on Pond Creek. Catholic went on to win the TN 4A Championship.

In 2016, Belfry turned it over like 6 times and lost soundly in Knoxville. Catholic steamrolled everyone else in their path until they got upset in the playoffs by a Fulton team they beat with ease in the regular season.

In the past 5 years they have probably produced 8-10 D-1 guys including:

All-American 5* Cade Mays, Georgia

All-American 4* Amari Rodgers, Clemson

In the 2020 Class they have

4* DE Tyler Baron (Offered by Alabama, Clemson, Florida, FSU, LSU, etc)

4* OL Bryn Tucker (Offered by LSU, Notre Dame, Auburn, etc)

4* ATH Chancellor Bright (Offered by Arkansas and Louisville)

3* OL Cooper Mays (Offered by Florida, UGA, Auburn)

In other words.. Highlands is going to play a very good team.

With all the stars and D1 players, reminds me of the HHS vs. Trotwood Madison game. The Birds weren't the favorite in that one, but pulled the upset. :thumb:

The new OC will not have him on offense. As long BW is in charge it will not happen. Keep dreaming boys.

If you are saying BW hasn’t used any guys both ways, you’re wrong. 2 years ago Huber, Johnson and Dunn all did. The problem is he hasn’t used the one who can make the biggest difference, Huddy.

• 1 month later...
If you are saying BW hasn’t used any guys both ways, you’re wrong. 2 years ago Huber, Johnson and Dunn all did. The problem is he hasn’t used the one who can make the biggest difference, Huddy.

I think BW's use of those guys both ways were desperate times takes desperate measures.

His priority as always been to platoon guys so they can focus on their position and keep them fresh and healthy.

My issue has been the unwillingness to adjust the system to the talent level. Being a mid 4A size school playing in a very competitive 5A class requires a coach to be willing to make adjustments in personnel outside of your core system.

The schedule for 2019 will present challenges and require adjustments to play guys both ways. Thru the season we will see if they can make the correct adjustments.

I think BW's use of those guys both ways were desperate times takes desperate measures.

His priority as always been to platoon guys so they can focus on their position and keep them fresh and healthy.

My issue has been the unwillingness to adjust the system to the talent level. Being a mid 4A size school playing in a very competitive 5A class requires a coach to be willing to make adjustments in personnel outside of your core system.

The schedule for 2019 will present challenges and require adjustments to play guys both ways. Thru the season we will see if they can make the correct adjustments.

It is also a recipe for failure.

• 3 months later...