Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracketology 1/30

Featured Replies

I'll try to do a weekly update of this going forward, and starting next week, I'll post them on Monday. As of today Bracketology shows:

 

East

1. Duke

2. Kentucky

3. Purdue

4. Villanova

 

South

1. Virginia

2. Michigan

3. Marquette

4. Nevada

 

Midwest

1. Tennessee

2. North Carolina

3. Kansas

4. Virginia Tech

 

West

1. Michigan State

2. Gonzaga

3. Houston

4. Louisville

 

Other "local" interests - NKU 13 seed in the west, IU 10 seed in the Midwest, Ohio State 9 seed in the South, Murray State 12 seed in the East, UC 7 seed in the East.

 

Complete bracket: Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN

If I'm Louisville I'd take that in a minute. That would be a great draw for them.

 

Tennessee and Duke would walk to the Final Four.

 

The South would be a crap shoot.

  • Author
If I'm Louisville I'd take that in a minute. That would be a great draw for them.

 

You ain't kidding. Give me that bracket all day every day.

When in doubt, ask to go West.

 

UL has had some luck as a four seed heading west.

Tennessee and Duke would walk to the Final Four.

 

I'd give you Tennessee and take the other 3, and feel confident taking my chances.

 

They are good, to be sure, but I think the love affair has gone a little overboard. I have real concerns about their ability to make perimeter shots in the tournament, because, at some point, they are going to need to. They just aren't very good around the arc, and at some point, that is going to bite them. In my opinion.

 

Not to mention, while I think Rick Barnes is underrated as a coach and has done a GREAT job at Tennessee, I'll put my money on Self and Ol' Roy in March versus Coach Barnes.

Thanks, Deuce.

I don't think Louisville will ultimately end up as a four. The February schedule is too brutal. They're going to take some lumps. Maybe a good ACC tournament can get them back there, but I ultimately see Louisville, playing at the level they are right now, ending up a 5 or 6.

 

They take two of the four games they've got to start February -- UNC, at Va Tech, at Florida State, Duke -- and I'll revisit this. I still think they're losing three of those.

I'd give you Tennessee and take the other 3, and feel confident taking my chances.

 

They are good, to be sure, but I think the love affair has gone a little overboard. I have real concerns about their ability to make perimeter shots in the tournament, because, at some point, they are going to need to. They just aren't very good around the arc, and at some point, that is going to bite them. In my opinion.

 

Not to mention, while I think Rick Barnes is underrated as a coach and has done a GREAT job at Tennessee, I'll put my money on Self and Ol' Roy in March versus Coach Barnes.

 

UNC isn't anything special or great this year.

Kansas is no more than good, they are on a 2 game losing streak.

Va. Tech is maybe having the best season in decades, but do we think they can win 4 games in the tournament.

 

I agree Tennessee has issues, just a lot fewer issues than the other 3.

UNC isn't anything special or great this year.

Kansas is no more than good, they are on a 2 game losing streak.

Va. Tech is maybe having the best season in decades, but do we think they can win 4 games in the tournament.

 

I agree Tennessee has issues, just a lot fewer issues than the other 3.

 

UNC still has a very good team as evident by how they beat Gonzaga. UNC also will be very battle tested come tournament time, because of the tough schedule they would have had. I think your underselling how good UNC may be.

 

Should have a better idea where they are at soon, after they play Duke and Virginia.

NKU as a 13 seed in the west would play...another team from Kentucky...Louisville. Great. Just great. Three postseasons in a row? :ohbrother:

  • Author
NKU as a 13 seed in the west would play...another team from Kentucky...Louisville. Great. Just great. Three postseasons in a row? :ohbrother:

 

As Getslow was saying, UL is unlikely to finish as a four seed, so I doubt that matchup would actually happen.

UNC still has a very good team as evident by how they beat Gonzaga. UNC also will be very battle tested come tournament time, because of the tough schedule they would have had. I think your underselling how good UNC may be.

 

Should have a better idea where they are at soon, after they play Duke and Virginia.

 

We'll see, until then we'll have to just disagree.

I just don't see the committee putting Duke and UK in the same bracket. Duke will get a weak Michigan State as a #2.

I think UK will end up a 3 seed, I don't think they'll be in Duke's bracket as of today.

I think UK will end up a 3 seed, I don't think they'll be in Duke's bracket as of today.

 

Do you think UK will end up being a 3 seed because you think UK will struggle in the month of February?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.