Somerset to get turf for 2019 season.

Jumper_Dad

The Somerset Independent Schools BoE announced that they were taking bids to add FieldTurf to Clark Field. Below, seems to be the settled on design, which alternates the green turf light and dark similar to Commonwealth/Kroger field. A simple Purple "S" in the center. I personally would have gone all Boise State on them and made the field Purple :lol2:

Image_3.jpg

Edited by Jumper_Dad

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet Coach Hines at Pulaski County is in every single ear of the Boosters and BOE members.

It is no secret a lack of a turf field has been a major thorn in Hines' side. With Somerset getting turf that will only make him get even more outspoken.

I think I read somewhere once that when a team wants to do their field in a color other than green, they actually have to ask Boise State for permission.

I've always liked the alternating green look.

I think I've read that as well. I never liked watching Boise on TV. We went to a game at Warren East this season and seeing a game on blue turf in person wasn't as bad as TV, but I didn't love it either.

I think the alternating greens like Kroger Field and what Somerset is doing is a good look.

I think I read somewhere once that when a team wants to do their field in a color other than green, they actually have to ask Boise State for permission.

I've always liked the alternating green look.

Boise State trademarked any turf that is not green. Without getting into a long trademark discussion, you must ask Boise State for a license if you want a field other than green. Supposedly, they are granting those licenses for free as long as you aren't a competitor. Their position is that they want to control similarly situated colleges in their conference or who they deem competitors from taking the idea. In other words, they want to control the uniqueness of the different colored turf so that it remains "special" to Boise State.

The best thing is that the Soccer complex just got a complete renovation...new locker rooms, concessions, stands, restrooms. Which means the football field hopefully will not have soccer lines on it.

Do they play soccer on the field right behind the high school?

I bet Coach Hines at Pulaski County is in every single ear of the Boosters and BOE members.

It is no secret a lack of a turf field has been a major thorn in Hines' side. With Somerset getting turf that will only make him get even more outspoken.

I expect him to try to schedule a couple of monster truck rallies on the PC field, just to destroy it more...:lol2:

The Somerset Independent Schools BoE announced that they were taking bids to add FieldTurf to Clark Field. Below, seems to be the settled on design, which alternates the green turf light and dark similar to Commonwealth/Kroger field. A simple Purple "S" in the center. I personally would have gone all Boise State on them and made the field Purple :lol2:

Image_3.jpg

That is the design on the field at Frederick Douglass it looks really good.