Somerset to get turf for 2019 season.

Jumper_Dad

Construction has actually began, the field has all the grass stripped away and sideline turf/concrete areas have been dug up. I'll admit, I was hesitant to get overly excited because I figured to project would get put off or delayed. Now that I see that it is actually going to happen, I'm pretty excited.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: Two months later and it appears as if the general contractor is in no hurry. Most days just one or two workers on site. They still have all of the drainage pipes to lay in before they can start to cover the field with rock and sand and prep for the turf. The same Contractor seems to have missed every due date on projects at the high school over the last couple of years, so I will not be surprised if the first game of the season is moved to Rock.

Hopefully, I and others are wrong and the field is completed in time for the season. Once completed it will be great...just when.

• 2 weeks later...

Sheeting is on half the field and they are beginning to cover it with gravel. All drainage work appears to be complete and rumors are that the turf could start going down early next week...we'll see, just 21 days until the opening game.

Sheeting is on half the field and they are beginning to cover it with gravel. All drainage work appears to be complete and rumors are that the turf could start going down early next week...we'll see, just 21 days until the opening game.

They moving a little better now it seems.

They moving a little better now it seems.

Yeah, the same company has been late with every project they've had over the last couple of years...I was really worried about this one getting done on time. Hopefully, the team can get some practice time on it before the season starts.