Working out 2019

newarkcatholicfan

Yeah, I'm actually pretty good at them although in the work out coming off the bike they were a little tougher. Legs were shot which really affected my kip. I was still able to get all sets unbroken although some were probably not the prettiest.

Hope I can get there. There are few coaches at gym who believe I can. We shall see.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Friday I was at 207 not 204 as I had said previously. Was 204 this morning. Three pounds lost and I’m getting stronger. Third straight Friday with no alcohol. Did squats, dead lifts, lunges, calf raises and shoulders this morning. If the sidewalks are clear I am going to go 1.5-2 miles tomorrow morning.

Down five pounds this week.

Just did 30 minutes worth of intervals on the treadmill. Was going to lift some, but there was a guy hogging the whole weight area in the small gym we have at the apartment, and I didn't feel like going to PF just to lift.

Yesterday was an interesting workout and one in which I bet Woodsrider will remember.

Open Workout 13.1- Complete as many reps as possible in 17 minutes

40 burpees

75 pound snatch - 30 reps

30 burpees

135 pound snatch - 20 reps

20 burpees

165 pound snatch - 10 reps

10 burpees

210 pound snatch - as many reps as possible in remaining time

I made it through the 20 burpees. I had a little over a minute to attempt the 165 snatches, but couldn't get a single one.

Yesterday was an interesting workout and one in which I bet Woodsrider will remember.

Open Workout 13.1- Complete as many reps as possible in 17 minutes

40 burpees

75 pound snatch - 30 reps

30 burpees

135 pound snatch - 20 reps

20 burpees

165 pound snatch - 10 reps

10 burpees

210 pound snatch - as many reps as possible in remaining time

I made it through the 20 burpees. I had a little over a minute to attempt the 165 snatches, but couldn't get a single one.

Too funny. We did this one two weeks ago as a partner WOD. Me and the guy I did it with scaled the weight as 135 was basically both of our 1RM.

This was also the very first open I ever I did. I was exactly 1 year into Crossfit. Got through the 30 burpees and basically stared at the 135 for 10 mins.

Last night...

With a 30 mins running clock, every 5 mins do (so 6 sets):

5 Strict Pull Ups

10 Toes to Bar

15 Push Ups

20 Wall Balls

If completed before the 5 mins is up rest for the remainder of the time.

How much rest did you typically get? I would think you should have got at least a minute or so.

How much rest did you typically get? I would think you should have got at least a minute or so.

A lot to start, not so much at the end. Finished the first couple of rounds in just over 2:00 but the last couple were just over 4:00. I really suck at Push Ups and that really slowed me down.

I got out of control with my eating last fall and through the holidays and my waistline showed it. I have enacted the following measures since the holidays and doing pretty well with them so far:

Cut back on portions.

Cut back on sugar and starch items.

NO Kettle chips whatsoever for any reason!

Increased my aerobic workouts. Mainly this is elliptical, stationary bike and hiking around the farm. I prefer to jog, but I am not sure my knee is up for that anymore.

I do a lot of farm work everyday, shoveling manure, packing hay nets, carrying things around the pastures and other stuff.

I have added a few exercises to my weight workouts, not to lose weight, but I have picked up strength in the last few months on several exercises.

I ride horses a lot, and that is a good quad and core workout.

I intend to lose 10 pounds more or less (my horse will appreciate it) while rearranging existing weight.

Weighed in at 204 last Friday morning. Looking for 203 tomorrow, but my wife’s bday was Monday and this lousy weather lead to a lousy attitude on my eating. I ran last night around two miles (2 minute run hard, 1 minute power walk) and ran around 3 miles in the mist after work (3 minutes run, one minute walk).

My goal is a pound a week while eating around 1700 calories a day (high protein, moderate fat and carbs mostly from greens). I am getting stronger, Just need the will power to stay off the Saratoga chips at the cafeteria.

I SKIPPED my full body workout Monday do to the birthday activity, but did lift yesterday, this morning and will do legs and shoulders tomorrow morning.

Yesterday's workout:

3 rounds of:

30 alternating arm dumbbell snatches (50 pounds)

20 wallballs (20 pounds)

Thought I might die (of course most days I have that thought).

2 movements that pretty much crush my soul. The only way to make that worse is to add in thrusters

Yesterday...

Strength:

EMOM every 2 mins for 16:00 (8 sets)

1 Power Clean + Push Jerk + Split Jerk

Increase weight each set

Metcon:

EMOM every 4 mins for 20 mins (5 sets)

9 Cal Bike

7 Power Cleans

5 Should to Overhead

3 Bar Muscle Ups

Rx weight on the PC and S2O was 135# but i scaled it to 115#. I could do the 135 but knew it would likely cause me to fail on the MU's.

I am the heaviest I have ever been. I recently started going to Orange Theory Fitness a few weeks ago. It literally is the best and hardest workouts I have ever had, or maybe it's just because I am really out of shape and that's why its so hard lol. I definitely know I got a good workout in, because I am exhausted by the time the hour class is finished. I plan on doing that 3 or 4 times a week, and then mixing in two days of weight lifting at planet fitness 2 other days a week.

As mentioned the hardest part is the diet. Which I am going to attempt to start this weekend.