Altercation after the 3A State Championship Game involving Central and Corbin

theguru

If heckling high school athletes is forbidden, the KHSAA better send an alert out to all high schools. Basketball season is here and there will be heckling.

If the heckling is done by an adult, especially the wife of the coach, it's inexcusable and embarrassing. Adults heckling kids is ridiculous.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the heckling is done by an adult, especially the wife of the coach, it's inexcusable and embarrassing. Adults heckling kids is ridiculous.

There is virtually no chance that any player could possibly hear anything said from the stands at Corbin's field. I normally stand in front of the coaches wives along the fence and I have never heard anything. Now, with that said, they shouldn't be trying to heckle players even if they cannot hear it.

Seems to be a lot more nastiness seeping up on this one.

Does someone have the "extended" video?

I'm hoping for the sake of the kids that it doesn't get dragged into the legal system for 4-5 of them. The 6 or 8 kids involved should be punished by their schools and the KHSAA.

I'm hoping for the sake of the kids that it doesn't get dragged into the legal system for 4-5 of them. The 6 or 8 kids involved should be punished by their schools and the KHSAA.

I will give this post an "AMEN" !

Was this a shame and a black eye on what was otherwise a tremendous game? Absolutely.

With that said, there is nothing criminal that went on in my opinion. Just a bunch of teenagers acting or reacting foolishly.

I do think both schools should do an intensive investigation of their own and deal with this harshly and swiftly, but this should be handled in house in a very just manner. Not a single kid involved in this should have a permanent mark because they made a bad decision with their emotions at a record high.

I am not condoning the behavior at all. I am simply stating the facts that it is going to happen virtually every night during basketball season.

And yes, a coach's wife absolutely should not be involved in it and definitely not publicly endorsing it.

I hate to be the downer of this thread but I think we know deep in our hearts that nothing is going to come out of this for either team. I would be very surpised to see schools Administration step up and address the altercation as well as the heckling done by coaches wives, fans ect. It's just not gonna happen because they don't want to listen to the folks involved.

It's done, it's past - they have all moved on.

Edited by MNCM

The 2 school systems have been in contact with each other, with both accepting blame and apologizing to the other, which is a good start.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the KHSAA levy fines against both schools and have suspensions for 7 or 8 players.

After seeing that video, two things come to mind:

What would be said about a Central kid that did that?

....and

Although he would have NEVER done it there, if that happens at Central, the situation gets real bad. REAL bad.

What kills me is that watching this video not only it is clear that the kid from Corbin started the physical fight but people still tried to say that Central was just as much at fault as Corbin. Watching that video with sound it was clear that there were hundreds who saw that sucker punch. They knew the truth.

What kills me is that watching this video not only it is clear that the kid from Corbin started the physical fight but people still tried to say that Central was just as much at fault as Corbin. Watching that video with sound it was clear that there were hundreds who saw that sucker punch. They knew the truth.

It was ALWAYS going to be Central at fault, we know that. Too bad there’s video to dispute that.

It did not show the first 20-30 seconds of video that I saw. The Corbin player that was knocked down from behind and repeatedly kicked and stomped by 5 players could have been seriously hurt.

Is this video anywhere, because the Corbin dude instigating the violence postgame is out there for the world to see. Darn those videos.