Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Altercation after the 3A State Championship Game involving Central and Corbin

Featured Replies

  • Replies 121
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Well, we are about 10 months removed from that other "one incident".

 

I'm not familiar. What happened?

 

What is this other incident I have heard some referring to?

 

Andrew Taylor's infamous video regarding Knox Central. Not hard to find. Resulted in his suspension. May or may not have contributed to his short stay at Furman.

 

I am re-posting what ATLCat posted earlier in this thread but this is a "Third Corbin Incident" and an admission of a consistent course of conduct that is unbecoming by the Corbin powers that be and these are just 'the three' we know about this year meaning there are probably more incidents we don't know about:

 

"You know, Corbin has an excellent coaching staff, and they always have. Behind those coaches, is a pretty impressive set of wives," she said. "On Friday nights at Campbell Field you'll notice on the front row me and a few women, and most of them are coaches' wives. We decide prior to the game and we know which player we are going to heckle."

 

-Melissa Haddix

I am re-posting what ATLCat posted earlier in this thread but this is a "Third Corbin Incident" and an admission of a consistent course of conduct that is unbecoming by the Corbin powers that be and these are just 'the three' we know about this year meaning there are probably more incidents we don't know about:

 

"You know, Corbin has an excellent coaching staff, and they always have. Behind those coaches, is a pretty impressive set of wives," she said. "On Friday nights at Campbell Field you'll notice on the front row me and a few women, and most of them are coaches' wives. We decide prior to the game and we know which player we are going to heckle."

 

-Melissa Haddix

 

Nothing to see here....

 

Sure seems like the team has taken on the personality of it's coach if you ask me.

  • Author
Nothing to see here....

 

Sure seems like the team has taken on the personality of it's coach if you ask me.

 

I agree which makes it a lack of institutional control and we all know what that means.

I have often said that the only thing worse than a sore loser is a "sore" winner. I get the Corbin player being royally ticked off when the kid from Central started celebrating on the Corbin sideline in front of the Corbin fans. Obviously, his response by attacking the kid is not the right thing to do. A low-class move by the Central player met a low-class response from a Corbin player. It is a sad and bad situation on both sides. Both teams' coaching staffs need to do a lot of self-reflection on how they are teaching the young men in their programs.

I have often said that the only thing worse than a sore loser is a "sore" winner. I get the Corbin player being royally ticked off when the kid from Central started celebrating on the Corbin sideline in front of the Corbin fans. Obviously, his response by attacking the kid is not the right thing to do. A low-class move by the Central player met a low-class response from a Corbin player. It is a sad and bad situation on both sides. Both teams' coaching staffs need to do a lot of self-reflection on how they are teaching the young men in their programs.

 

I'm seriously in disbelief that people are still trying to place blame on Central. The kid just won a state championship, and based on everything else we know about Corbin and their fans, I'm sure he had been getting the business from the adults in the stands all night. Zero issue with him gloating. And it sure didn't play a role in the Corbin kid committing assault.

I have often said that the only thing worse than a sore loser is a "sore" winner. I get the Corbin player being royally ticked off when the kid from Central started celebrating on the Corbin sideline in front of the Corbin fans. Obviously, his response by attacking the kid is not the right thing to do. A low-class move by the Central player met a low-class response from a Corbin player. It is a sad and bad situation on both sides. Both teams' coaching staffs need to do a lot of self-reflection on how they are teaching the young men in their programs.

 

A low-class move by Central? Please... Spare me. The kid was celebrating winning a State Championship. Yet another person trying to blame Central. Typical.

I have often said that the only thing worse than a sore loser is a "sore" winner. I get the Corbin player being royally ticked off when the kid from Central started celebrating on the Corbin sideline in front of the Corbin fans. Obviously, his response by attacking the kid is not the right thing to do. A low-class move by the Central player met a low-class response from a Corbin player. It is a sad and bad situation on both sides. Both teams' coaching staffs need to do a lot of self-reflection on how they are teaching the young men in their programs.

 

The kid from Central that was sucker punched said on twitter that he was waving to his mom after he came through the line. Yeah, that’s always been a reason to get sucker punched.

I'm seriously in disbelief that people are still trying to place blame on Central. The kid just won a state championship, and based on everything else we know about Corbin and their fans, I'm sure he had been getting the business from the adults in the stands all night. Zero issue with him gloating. And it sure didn't play a role in the Corbin kid committing assault.

 

Especially when multiple people have stated that #55 from Corbin has anger issues. I know someone connected to Southwestern who went to the Boyle County/Corbin game and they said they hoped Central won because of how #55 acted during the Boyle County game. We have a documented pattern of behavior by the guy throwing the punch but folks want to blame Central. :lol2:

I'm seriously in disbelief that people are still trying to place blame on Central. The kid just won a state championship, and based on everything else we know about Corbin and their fans, I'm sure he had been getting the business from the adults in the stands all night. Zero issue with him gloating. And it sure didn't play a role in the Corbin kid committing assault.

 

A low-class move by Central? Please... Spare me. The kid was celebrating winning a State Championship. Yet another person trying to blame Central. Typical.

 

Sorry guys. We obviously view the Central players actions very differently. If I am coaching and my player tries to rub it in on a defeated opponent like that, we will have a serious man to man talk about the right way to behave. Come back to our side line with our fans and celebrate like that all you want to. Don't do it on the other team's side line in their face and in front of their fans. None of the poor actions of the Central player mitigates the actions of the Corbin player.

None of the poor actions of the Central player mitigates the actions of the Corbin player.

 

But that's exactly what you're saying. If only the Central player would've acted appropriately he wouldn't have been sucker-punched.

Sorry guys. We obviously view the Central players actions very differently. If I am coaching and my player tries to rub it in on a defeated opponent like that, we will have a serious man to man talk about the right way to behave. Come back to our side line with our fans and celebrate like that all you want to. Don't do it on the other team's side line in their face and in front of their fans. None of the poor actions of the Central player mitigates the actions of the Corbin player.

 

So, just like we were saying, you're blaming the Central kid.

But that's exactly what you're saying. If only the Central player would've acted appropriately he wouldn't have been sucker-punched.

 

I don't know if he would have been sucker-punched or not. I believe the behavior by the Central player was bad. I believe the bad behavior by the Central player does not justify the reaction by the Corbin player. I believe the Corbin player's actions are much worse than the Central player's actions.

I am re-posting what ATLCat posted earlier in this thread but this is a "Third Corbin Incident" and an admission of a consistent course of conduct that is unbecoming by the Corbin powers that be and these are just 'the three' we know about this year meaning there are probably more incidents we don't know about:

 

"You know, Corbin has an excellent coaching staff, and they always have. Behind those coaches, is a pretty impressive set of wives," she said. "On Friday nights at Campbell Field you'll notice on the front row me and a few women, and most of them are coaches' wives. We decide prior to the game and we know which player we are going to heckle."

 

-Melissa Haddix

 

Is this the third infraction?

 

I seem to remember some other times that made me take a double look at Corbin.

 

Wasn't it Corbin that the North Laurel Coach put on blast on the listserv and basically accused them of recruiting to every other coach in the State?

 

I also heard the Bell County rivalry has been a bit more heated and the Corbin Coaches ended up getting locked out of the pressbox. That could just be because Dudley is a jerk himself, but "it takes one to know one".

 

I also heard from one of my Belfry friends that the Pirate staff always lacked trust for Haddix and that they felt like he may have illegally scouted them.

Not sure any of those are concrete evidence that something is wrong in Redhound Country, but my daddy always said "Where there is smoke there is usually fire"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.