Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Monday Night Football

Featured Replies

I don't know who is worse, Tony or Paul McGuire. It's close no matter how you look at it.

Paul McGuire gets on my last nerve. He's the master of the obvious. As far as MNF goes, while I like TK, I don't like the combination of the three. Its almost like he's there to provide comic relief, while Mike and Joe are supposed to analyze the game.

Tony does do an excellent job of setting up Theismann with questions and analysis. Much better than Tirico does.

Tony is horrible on MNF...good on PTI though.

 

At one point in a couple of games, Tony kept saying, "this game looks like it is over" when it was clearly not over. That couldn't have been good for ratings.

Tony is horrible on MNF...good on PTI though.

 

At one point in a couple of games, Tony kept saying, "this game looks like it is over" when it was clearly not over. That couldn't have been good for ratings.

I,m with you. I started a similar thread after their first broadcast. I thought Kornhiser was awful then, and I have seen no improvement. He is clearly out of his element. Anyone know how ratings have been for MNF this year?

  • Author

Wasn't it in the Arizona Chicago game where TK said something like "If Arizona loses this game now, they should just close the stadium and discontinue the franchise"? Well, they lost.

 

The TK thing reminds me of a few years ago when they added the comedian to the broadcast booth. I think his name was Dennis Miller. That didn't last long. Hopefully this won't either.

NBC SHOULD have gotten MNF with Sunday night games staying on ESPN. ESPN did a great job with Sunday nights in years past but their version of Monday night is joke IMO.

NBC SHOULD have gotten MNF with Sunday night games staying on ESPN. ESPN did a great job with Sunday nights in years past but their version of Monday night is joke IMO.

I disagree and it is all selfish. Never liked the 9:00 PM start time on Monday nights. Rarely got to see a full game before I dozed off or spent the next day tired because I was up past midnight.

 

Don't have cable or satellitte. So I love the 8:00 PM start time of Football Night in America.

I disagree and it is all selfish. Never liked the 9:00 PM start time on Monday nights. Rarely got to see a full game before I dozed off or spent the next day tired because I was up past midnight.

 

Don't have cable or satellitte. So I love the 8:00 PM start time of Football Night in America.

 

I do like the new start time, but I think NBC would do a better job presenting MNF.

I honestly don't think TK is all that bad, and I also remember that Arizona/Chicago quote about turning UofPhoenix Stadium into a pizza joint if they lost with a 20pt lead.

I think Kornheiser should stick with PTI. For some reason, Kornheiser, Theisman, and Tirico dont seem to compliment each other. I think Kornheiser might be the problem.

What cracks me up is that they talked so long about flex scheduling for MNF and then they give it to SNF. And then you add to that one of the worst MNF lineups ever. Only three of the ten games have had margins of victory under ten points. Four of them have had margins over twenty. And a couple of the ones in between (Denver/Baltimore, Seattle/Oakland) were so mind numbingly boring that you'd have thought the game wasn't even on.

Logistically I think it would be difficult to flex the Monday night games, changing from 1pm - 830pm isn't all that complicated, to change dates would cause some problems.

Wasn't it in the Arizona Chicago game where TK said something like "If Arizona loses this game now, they should just close the stadium and discontinue the franchise"? Well, they lost.

 

The TK thing reminds me of a few years ago when they added the comedian to the broadcast booth. I think his name was Dennis Miller. That didn't last long. Hopefully this won't either.

 

 

Yea.. what was that? I have forgotten about this until you brought it up. Now that I thnk about it... what was the network t hinking? What idiot came up with that idea in the board meeting? I am sure he is shining someone's shoes at an airport right now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.