Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X family...am I wrong???

Featured Replies

I thought about this for a long time before posting as I did not want to make this a knee jerk reaction. To cut to the chase, I was not at all happy to see a St. X player wearing fluorescent shoes last night. My gut reaction was that an "I" had been put in TEAM. I have been an X fan for longer than a lot of you BGPers have been alive and I never recall anyone trying to "express" themselves so boldly. Ron Steele, Rich Beuhner, Tendi, ....etc, all stars, yet maintained the TEAM framework. I thought I was watching the NBA or T.O... not the St. X football team. Maybe I am just an old school fool, but I can't help but think of the Band of Brothers silhouette with one of the figures having glow in the dark shoes.... doesn't seem right, to me,it seems like.....

I 2extreme. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats wrong with a little expression?

 

Kids need to be able to get some of that out of their system.

I'll have to say that I am a huge Rock fan, so take my opinion for what it's worth, but when I saw the highlights of the game on TV I thought the same thing.

 

At first I starting looking at the other players feet, maybe some of the players decided to go with that for the playoffs, but no, just Anderson.

 

This says nothing about TEAM, and screams LOOK AT ME!! And frankly, I am surprised that Glaser allowed it to happen.

I admit, I was laughing when I saw it. But then, I saw it a lot when playing at Manual, too... except for my Junior year ('01)... when we had our best season for a long time. I think there's something to it!

Whats wrong with a little expression?

 

Kids need to be able to get some of that out of their system.

 

You're kidding right! This absolutely screams "look at me". He just needs to express himself by playing hard nose football and keep trying to help St. X "TEAM" win a state championship. I hate it when kids get away with this kind of nonsense. Too many administrators and coaches are afraid to say something to kids like this because of a backlash from the kid or his parents. They need to step up and make a statement that it's about St. X and not him. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

I thought about this for a long time before posting as I did not want to make this a knee jerk reaction. To cut to the chase, I was not at all happy to see a St. X player wearing fluorescent shoes last night. My gut reaction was that an "I" had been put in TEAM. I have been an X fan for longer than a lot of you BGPers have been alive and I never recall anyone trying to "express" themselves so boldly. Ron Steele, Rich Beuhner, Tendi, ....etc, all stars, yet maintained the TEAM framework. I thought I was watching the NBA or T.O... not the St. X football team. Maybe I am just an old school fool, but I can't help but think of the Band of Brothers silhouette with one of the figures having glow in the dark shoes.... doesn't seem right, to me,it seems like.....

I 2extreme. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

 

 

So what exactly is the point of this post?

I thought about this for a long time before posting as I did not want to make this a knee jerk reaction. To cut to the chase, I was not at all happy to see a St. X player wearing fluorescent shoes last night. My gut reaction was that an "I" had been put in TEAM. I have been an X fan for longer than a lot of you BGPers have been alive and I never recall anyone trying to "express" themselves so boldly. Ron Steele, Rich Beuhner, Tendi, ....etc, all stars, yet maintained the TEAM framework. I thought I was watching the NBA or T.O... not the St. X football team. Maybe I am just an old school fool, but I can't help but think of the Band of Brothers silhouette with one of the figures having glow in the dark shoes.... doesn't seem right, to me,it seems like.....

I 2extreme. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

 

I couldn't agree more. Everyone should have to follow the same team rules. I was shocked when I seen them, this speaks volumes.

While I don't agree with the cleats, I do question the point of this thread.

I couldn't agree more. Everyone should have to follow the same team rules. I was shocked when I seen them, this speaks volumes.

 

You were "shocked when you seen them"? Where did you go to school? ;)

 

I was also wondering the same thing, but at least it's the same color gold as the uniform. Part of me thinks that as long as Vic produces the way he has all season then who cares what cleats he wears; however, I would like to see everyone in black cleats. I also have the same feelings towards the vizors that players wear on their facemasks. Are they wearing it for looks or do they really get poked in the eye?

 

You can also make the same point about gloves; some players wear them; some don't. Some are white, black, green, gold, gray, etc. I've also noticed a couple Trinity players wearing black cleats the past couple years when the team prodominatly wears white.

 

O well. I guess if Coach G or Wags has a problem with it they will deal with it.

 

:thumb:

Respectfully - Is it important enough to discuss during the season? I think your hesitation to post was the right direction.

Why are so many of you ragging on his post? Is it of extreme importance- not really, but it's kind of interesting. Why do players feel the need to "express" themselves in any way other than what they can do on the field? Are those highlight cleats going to make Vic run faster? Are colleges going to be more inclined to pursue a young man with "style"?

 

I'm usually the kind to ask "why not?" but in this case, I find it annoying enough to ask "why?"

I liked the shoes. I commented on them in an earlier post but I think they are cool. They might take a beating if it gets wet at Maxwell Field Friday. Speaking of old school. Back in my day a back named Joe Washington wore silver shoes while playing for the OU Sooners. They made him look faster, and he was already plenty fast.:thumb:

Why are so many of you ragging on his post? Is it of extreme importance- not really, but it's kind of interesting. Why do players feel the need to "express" themselves in any way other than what they can do on the field? Are those highlight cleats going to make Vic run faster? Are colleges going to be more inclined to pursue a young man with "style"?

 

I'm usually the kind to ask "why not?" but in this case, I find it annoying enough to ask "why?"

 

Why do only some of Manual's players wear their shirts tucked in, while the rest of the team doesn't? Do they feel they need to be individuals? When Bush was suiting up for Male, a number of Male players put tape on their facemasks. Did a solid dark color not look good on those players?

 

This thread could be about any team in the state, I just find it humorous that a Trinity fan brings up this discussion which is extremely vital to the playoffs this year...:rolleyes:

Why do only some of Manual's players wear their shirts tucked in, while the rest of the team doesn't? Do they feel they need to be individuals? When Bush was suiting up for Male, a number of Male players put tape on their facemasks. Did a solid dark color not look good on those players?

 

This thread could be about any team in the state, I just find it humorous that a Trinity fan brings up this discussion which is extremely vital to the playoffs this year...:rolleyes:

 

 

One who was a St.X graduate actually. That is if you bother to read his name.

Unity is the premise in this discussion...being different (however different is defined) doesn't help unity.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.