"Ocho Cinco" fined mucho dinero

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad felt stifled without acting out this year, and his game reflected it. He gets to act out in a game, and it helps his game. He thrives on it, simple as that.

I was glad to see a return to form. I don't get his detractors. He talks, yeah, but owns up to anything. He shaved his mohawk (which you know had to hurt) cause he said he would if they lost, even though he got his.

Bottom line, I respect Chad and I hope he keeps it up.

Well he's not getting fined over TD celebrations this year. He has to do something to get some recognition. Otherwise he looks very similar to:

Chad Johnson

36 Rec, 451 Yds, 2 Td

Mike Furrey

37 Rec 431 Yds, 3 Td

With all that double coverage Furrey is demanding...:rolleyes:

The big story is that the Bengals are in a 3 way tie for the 6th best record in the conference as of right now. That could leave them outside the playoffs. Chad Johnson or Ocho Cinco had better step up his game.

The bengals are also just one win away this sunday from being in first place with a 3 and 0 division record and a head to head win over the other team that they will be battling for first place this year...

We have played 7 games this year, I dont see why people are getting so bent out of shape already. Now if we lose this week then yeah maybe it would be time to be concerned a little, but a win this week and everything is looking good...

Thats really stupid because he took it off before the game started . I dont think that he should be fined.

If he had wore it in the locker room after the game, would they have fined him? I agree, pregame uniform violations are a joke...

This all seems familiar to me!! O'yea, it was Jim Mcmahon that was always rubbing people wrong. Was fined by the league and then next week had Pete Roselle (sp) name on his head ban. And you thought this was something new!!

DId he wear number 12? Did he go by uno dos????

Just shut up and play. He should get a nameplate for this week that says "LOOK AT ME!!!" Of course, it could be a brilliant ploy by Johnson to get the media to focus on his antics and not on the Bengals off the field problems.

Just shut up and play. He should get a nameplate for this week that says "LOOK AT ME!!!" Of course, it could be a brilliant ploy by Johnson to get the media to focus on his antics and not on the Bengals off the field problems.

Tell me what is wrong with what he does? By him doing that does it make him do worst on the field? No it doesn't if anything it seems to motivate himself to play better. If what he did affected him or the team in a bad way then I can see your point but it doesn't. Some of you all need to finally realize that he is not like the TO's and Randy Moss's, yeah he likes to have attention but him doing that has no ill effects on the team at all....

Some need to get over the fact that it is not like the old days when the players might not have shown that much emotion. Chad loves playing the game, and he has fun with it, but he also goes as hard as he can and does what he can to help the team win just like the guys back in the old days. He just shows some emotion and has fun and there is nothing wrong with that...

Showing emotion and demanding the spotlight are two different things. At the end of the day, T.O., Randy Moss, and Chad Johnson have the same number of Super Bowl rings -- zero. Whatever works I guess. :rolleyes:

That McMahan fellow has one. So does Michael Irvin. He was pretty loud and flamboyant. How about Ray "dance after tackles" Lewis. He's got a ring. I think putting Chad in the same group as TO and Moss is unfair. Chad is loved by his teammates, fans, comes to play, makes plays, and talks a little trash. Moss and TO have done some of that (not in good nature like Chad) plus they have done many many other things to get a bad name.

Aren't you the same guys that are critical of Joey Porter and his going on. Is he not just motivating his team and getting them fired up for a game? Just a question? It doesn't bother me nor does it some players, but no one wants it to continue on and on and on. Chad, we know you play football, you play for the Bengals, and your a wide-receiver. Now, go catch some footballs and win this Sunday!!!!

Aren't you the same guys that are critical of Joey Porter and his going on. Is he not just motivating his team and getting them fired up for a game? Just a question? It doesn't bother me nor does it some players, but no one wants it to continue on and on and on. Chad, we know you play football, you play for the Bengals, and your a wide-receiver. Now, go catch some footballs and win this Sunday!!!!

Chad Johnson seems very light and light hearted in his trash talking to opposing players and teams. Almost all of it seems like a joke to him. Joey Porter hasn't laughed at a joke in 15 years. Joey Porter is a jerk. Chad is a joke. That's why many people like Chad and many people outside of Pittsburgh Nation don't like Porter.