"Ocho Cinco" fined mucho dinero

He had a good game but the bottom line is once again he choses to make it about him instead of what his coach asked him to do for his team. To me that makes him a "look at me" type of player. He defiantly went against what his coach asked him to do, had that been T.O. we would still be hearing about it! True or not?

See we really dont know if that is true or not, I mean Chad said that Marvin told him not to, but Marvin also went on record saying he never told Chad he had to tune it down.

Your comparison to T.O. really just arent that good because until Chad does what T.O. has done then the media is not going to jump on every little thing he does as a bad thing like they do with T.O...T.O. has earned what he has gotten with getting blasted with everything he does now...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See we really dont know if that is true or not, I mean Chad said that Marvin told him not to, but Marvin also went on record saying he never told Chad he had to tune it down.

Your comparison to T.O. really just arent that good because until Chad does what T.O. has done then the media is not going to jump on every little thing he does as a bad thing like they do with T.O...T.O. has earned what he has gotten with getting blasted with everything he does now...

Obviously T.O. is a putz! I have said before that until Chad starts dogging Carson he isn't T.O. My point was that although I like him a lot, his "look at me attitude" goes a little too far sometimes. I would prefer both of them to shut up and play but I do laugh sometimes at Chad and Steve Smith + even T.O. when he did the Bird. I guess I'm just embarrassed for Chad for calling so much attention to himself while he is performing like the #3 WR for the Bengals. I felt like going into the year he was a top 3 WR not #3 on his team. I personally hope he pulls out of it and for his sake I hope he stops trying to draw attention to himself at least until he performs the way he should or the way he feels like he is in his mind.

Obviously T.O. is a putz! I have said before that until Chad starts dogging Carson he isn't T.O. My point was that although I like him a lot, his "look at me attitude" goes a little too far sometimes. I would prefer both of them to shut up and play but I do laugh sometimes at Chad and Steve Smith + even T.O. when he did the Bird. I guess I'm just embarrassed for Chad for calling so much attention to himself while he is performing like the #3 WR for the Bengals. I felt like going into the year he was a top 3 WR not #3 on his team. I personally hope he pulls out of it and for his sake I hope he stops trying to draw attention to himself at least until he performs the way he should or the way he feels like he is in his mind.

:thumb: I agree alot with this post, but Chad is one of the top receivers in the league still even if his numbers dont show it this year YET. I mean if you take a look at it, most teams would be having double coverage on him, so when you have good receivers on the other side like TJ and Henry they are going to get the ball instead of forcing the ball to Chad. Also if seen him and Carson have been a little off with their timing this year, where the blame probably goes on both of them on that one. Also with Carson not getting as much time to throw the ball down field this year it really hurts chad because he is really good with those deep outcuts and just long passes down the field. So with Carson not getting that much time he has to throw it before he is ready so alot of times it ends up not being complete. So yeah his numbers are not there this year, but there is alot of reasons for it. So I mean he knows and we know he is still one of the best receivers in the league, and if him having to motivate himself by saying stuff gets him to play better then the better it is for us and him...

I agree with a lot of it. For me too put him on the top level he is going to have to start beating double teams every week like a Torry Holt does. I agree with most of what you said though.

I hope he puts his money where his mouth is this weekend.... he called out Ray Lewis! He said he has called out guys like McCallister in the past so he thought he would go after the leader. I forget the exact words but they were toungue in cheek for Lewis who probably doesn't need much motivation!

I agree with a lot of it. For me too put him on the top level he is going to have to start beating double teams every week like a Torry Holt does. I agree with most of what you said though.

I hope he puts his money where his mouth is this weekend.... he called out Ray Lewis! He said he has called out guys like McCallister in the past so he thought he would go after the leader. I forget the exact words but they were toungue in cheek for Lewis who probably doesn't need much motivation!

I'm guessing you saw Ray's response???

I'd say he's underperformed, but IMO Henry is a number 1 for a lot of teams and TJ is a great 2 and a great compliment to a "burner."

I'm guessing you saw Ray's response???

No what did he say? I will say that I think most of the guys around the league like Chad unless he tries to make them look bad. Ray Lewis makes me think about how much he would have liked for TO to slide across the middle after he turned the Ravens down before going to Philly!

No what did he say? I will say that I think most of the guys around the league like Chad unless he tries to make them look bad. Ray Lewis makes me think about how much he would have liked for TO to slide across the middle after he turned the Ravens down before going to Philly!

He said he talks to Chad 4 or 5 times a week, and that Chad talking about hitting him in the mouth was like one of his kids saying they can take him in a fight... :lol:

He said he talks to Chad 4 or 5 times a week, and that Chad talking about hitting him in the mouth was like one of his kids saying they can take him in a fight... :lol:

That's funny stuff and a great analogy!:lol:

I know I come off on here like I don't like Chad but that's not the case. I guess I still have a lot of me that respects the game of football and all the old guys that played. I enjoy some of it but really like it better when the guys that are doing it have a reason to do it. To be honest I had posters of Deion Sanders on my wall in High School. The difference is that he was always backing it up except when he had to cover Rice 1on1:) In my defense my Ronnie Lott posters far outweighed the love of my Prime Time posters!

Ocho Cinco with another huge game against the Ravens 38yds ZERO TD's!

That's what I'm talking about when I say you look really dumb running your mouth and not backing it up with your play! If you are going to run it... back it and perform like a top 3 WR in the league!

Ocho Cinco with another huge game against the Ravens 38yds ZERO TD's!

That's what I'm talking about when I say you look really dumb running your mouth and not backing it up with your play! If you are going to run it... back it and perform like a top 3 WR in the league!

Someone needs to give him a ladder to catch what Carson is throwing his way...

From Fanball.com

Bengals: The return of Ocho Stinko

11/05/06 04:59 PM

THE NEWS

Chad Johnson had a very poor game today in the 26-20 loss against the Ravens. Johnson only caught four passes, and was held to a paltry 32 receiving yards.

Our View

Johnson shaved his mohawk this week, but his game didn't change much as a result. He continues to be one of the bigger fantasy busts of the 2006 season.