DevilMayCare

Who gets the W?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. If Highlands loses this one, they will likely drop the following game in Lexington against LexCath. If Highlands falls to 2 - 3 with games still on the schedule against SK and CovCath, the wolves will come out pretty quickly in Cake Town.

The wolves go away?

Only way this one stays close is if th HHS rec start catching the passes that are thrown to them. Way to many drops. They need to earn to run away from the def as well work to the open spot then when the ball hits you in the hands CATCH IT.

Are you thinking of Saturday games maybe? I don't get a chance to see those often.

I thought the starting WR’s have been good thus far. AK came up huge against Campbell catching everything it seemed like and Nate has made some big time catches with a couple of TD’s and Hunter has a couple of TD’s and the only ball he hasn’t brought in all season was on his hip at full speed (pic attached). Grady has a cannon. He just needs to crank it up on those deeper balls. I 100% agree with you if it hits the hands you should be catching it... but... it’s hard to run away from any routes when the kids have to keep coming back for it.

The passing game is a dance, the O-Line needs to help the QB with the pocket and then the QB need’s to lead the WR and then the WR has to catch it. It’s a perfect marriage/car crash. In high school football those don’t always happen like they should.

IMO it sounds like Ryle and HHS QB’s/WR’s need to be working before/after practice on learning each other’s timing. Timing is EVERYTHING at any level of football. I think Grady missing the off season hurt the timing a little for HHS. They will be fine with a little more practice. Ryle has a new QB and they will need time as well to get used to his throwing style.

thrown behind.jpg

Is that brown thing with 2 white stripes between his belt and numbers the football?

If so, there are 2 options.

Slow down secure catch maybe fall down or catch and turn up field for a TD! Unfortunately the wrong choice was made. Secure the catch no matter what. The throw could’ve been another 18” up from 50yards away would have been a for sure touch down. Let’s not forget some of these receivers didn’t play varsity last year.The passed 10 years of QB’s at Highlands weren’t perfect and neither were the receivers. I used to see lots of throwing the ball up high and receivers run under,over, stop and jump. In triple coverage. If they screwed it up the very next play they would do it again until they got it right. That gave them confidence.If it has to be perfect to catch we’re in for a long season. All I’m saying is once they do get it down it’s going to be very hard to stop!

Herein lies the BIG problem in Fort Thomas. When I played for the Birds way back in the day, the saying was there is no "I" in TEAM. Good motto to live by and a big reason why we had the success that we did.

Absolutely correct!

Still waiting for Huddy to get some offensive snaps. That would be the biggest difference maker and so far he has 0 offensive snaps other than special teams. I just can’t figure it out.

It is really a crime to the kid. I don't get it, I just don't. Put him out at WR if RB/LB is too much hitting. Such a waste.... I just don't get it. If I was coaching for my job that kid would be involved on O.

Maybe they're waiting for Cov Cath or something? That's all I got.

The Birds have the talent, the d is tougher this year than recent years. I agree though, those receivers need to start making those catches. Oh and those defensive backs could stand to be a little more aggressive. All in all though I think they look good thus far.