Trinity 61 Ryle 14 (Scrimmage)

THS2011

I'd say the one tackle is 6-4, 225 and is the biggest...center is a very good player and he's about 6-3, 215 or so...

From the stands they looked bigger than they have been in recent years but not huge. The d-line is HUGE.

They are athletic and explode off the ball. Some of those running lanes they created were huge. They were getting to the second level and covering LB's up like crazy. I'll take a 6'3' 225 pound guy who is strong and can move over a weak, fat 300lbs guy anyday.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EastSideJunkie, thank you for your observations. I always respect your opinion. I have to quit drinking the kool aide they offer me over on poplar level road. After reading your opinion i feel much better about our freshmen class. Two back to back above average freshmen teams bode very well for the future.

Trinity started 4 sophomores on defense.

That's good and bad. I think #10, sophomore LB Charlie Ely, will be a very good player for T before it's all over. He had a nice pick and return in the first half. Looked like T used the TE more than usual.

That's good and bad. I think #10, sophomore LB Charlie Ely, will be a very good player for T before it's all over. He had a nice pick and return in the first half. Looked like T used the TE more than usual.

Loved their use of the TE. A good TE makes all the difference in an offense.

Ryle looked like they were still reeling from the 2017 scrimmage. They did force a Shamrock punt on the opening series after a couple of T first downs, but then gave up a safety and the Rocks #1s scored on every possession after that I believe. If memory serves Ryle had only 1 first down in the first half. T is not better than last year, but they are a very different type of team. It should be a fun year.

Watching both scrimmages last year and this year it is obvious about many thing. Trinity is a big time program and the players have bought into the tradition.

Ryle is a program wanting to make the transition to a top notch program but the players haven't bought in.

Watching the game it was obvious that Ryle was wore out by the end of the 1st quarter and trinity looked like they had just started to warm up.

Ryle players running on field late, or not at all. ran some plays short players. looked confused at times. that can be on coaches but usually players not paying attention. lots of confusion on one side of the field and the other looked like a college program.

I believe Ryle will be ok, coaching staff will see to it, but players have a lot of work to do. Team leaders need to be chewing some butt! #3 for Ryle was as good as any player on the field last night as far as skill position players.

Watching both scrimmages last year and this year it is obvious about many thing. Trinity is a big time program and the players have bought into the tradition.

Ryle is a program wanting to make the transition to a top notch program but the players haven't bought in.

Watching the game it was obvious that Ryle was wore out by the end of the 1st quarter and trinity looked like they had just started to warm up.

Ryle players running on field late, or not at all. ran some plays short players. looked confused at times. that can be on coaches but usually players not paying attention. lots of confusion on one side of the field and the other looked like a college program.

I believe Ryle will be ok, coaching staff will see to it, but players have a lot of work to do. Team leaders need to be chewing some butt! #3 for Ryle was as good as any player on the field last night as far as skill position players.

#3 Elijah Cusick is a Junior. Has 9 brothers and sisters. All great kids, one better than the next. Ryle coaches should thank their lucky stars that the Cusick Family pipeline resides in Union, KY. You probably heard his mom last night, she is literally a human megaphone cheering for that team, not lying you can hear her for miles. Even with all those kids, she volunteers countless hours for the Ryle Program.

Man, it might not be my place because I’m a casual observer of high school football, but come on. What in the world is Ryle doing scheduling this scrimmage?

If you want a team that’ll give you a stiff whooping, go across the river. At least afterward 100% of the people in and associated with your program won’t completely rule out the possibility of a state championship.