Urban Meyer Releases Statement

GrantNKY

Side note ... it always comes across to me as dodging an issue when people defer to another situation to try and prove their point. Saying what about Pitino or Saban has nothing to do with what is right or wrong in the Meyer case. "If Johnny jumped off a cliff, would you jump off too?"

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Side note ... it always comes across to me as dodging an issue when people defer to another situation to try and prove their point. Saying what about Pitino or Saban has nothing to do with what is right or wrong in the Meyer case. "If Johnny jumped off a cliff, would you jump off too?"

Precisely. Or maybe it’s that the media just loves Saban and hates UM. I mean, clearly giving a kid a 2nd chance and promptly kicking him to the curb at the first sign of messing up is obviously the same as covering for a grown man for years...

I’ll just leave this here...

[ATTACH]66801[/ATTACH]

Wow... so weak trying to dig up random sentences of hyperbole and hoping they apply. I don’t blame you trying to deflect, enlight of learning that Meyer did report to his job and ultimately to the police.

I agree but yet you defend Saban for taking a kid simply accused.

Nope. I didn't defend Saban. I compared the facts of the two situations. The facts are both gave a suspected DV offender a second chance but only Saban ended the second chance. That is not defending anything Saban did. That is stating facts and comparing the situations.

Wow... so weak trying to dig up random sentences of hyperbole and hoping they apply. I don’t blame you trying to deflect, enlight of learning that Meyer did report to his job and ultimately to the police.

It absolutely applies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol2:

I would have fired Smith for being a bad coach since 2016. Meyer didn’t cover up 2015 like it was initially reported, he did report it, the police investigated and he decides to keep him. That’s on Meyer and he has to deal with it now, even though Smith was never charged, it’s still optics. I’ve agreed with multiple posters that this will be on his legacy.

Edited by John Anthony