Reds Have Finally Fired Bryan Price!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps this is a topic for another thread but I am curious. At the beginning of the 2015 season, what was the Reds projected lineup for 2018?

It’s hard telling. Some of our better prospects during the 2015 season have already failed to live up to the hype. Position player wise isn’t far off from where we are. We had a surplus of young pitching prospects many of which haven’t reached the majors yet or haven’t had more than a cup of coffee in the majors.

C- Mes

1B- Votto

2B- Blandino, Possibly Jagielo in the mix somewhere

SS- Peraza

3B- Suarez

RF- Ervin, Yorman Rodriguez, Waldrop, Aquino

CF- Hamilton

LF- Winker

SP- Stephenson, Garrett, Reed, Lamb, Finnegan, Bailey, Travieso

Pen- Moscot, Cingrani, Weiss, Hergot, Rainey, Lorenzen, Iglesias

It’s hard telling. Some of our better prospects during the 2015 season have already failed to live up to the hype. Position player wise isn’t far off from where we are. We had a surplus of young pitching prospects many of which haven’t reached the majors yet or haven’t had more than a cup of coffee in the majors.

Peraza and Suarez were acquired in trades.

I am very disappointed in our manager, who was fired and also our front office. Let's be honest when you trade away quality major league players you have to get something in return. Look at some of the trades:

Jay Bruce - We got Dilson Herrara and who? NOTHING!

Johnny Cueto - Brandon Finnegan, John Lamb, Cody Reed - They have not produced

Brandon Phillips - Nothing

Aroldis Chapman - Nothing being produced in majors

Todd Frazier - Scott Schebler and Jose Peraza (Ok Trade)

Mike Leake - Adam Duvall

We did not get individuals that have helped the organization.

When we went out and got players to help us in 2010-2013 look at who we gave up. Players that have played well at the major league level:

Didi Gregorious

Yonder Alonzo

Yasmani Grandal

Brad Boxberger

We gave up quality prospects in trades when we got players that could help. I don't think we have gotten quality prospects back in our trades lately.

I am very disappointed in our manager, who was fired and also our front office. Let's be honest when you trade away quality major league players you have to get something in return. Look at some of the trades:

Mike Leake - Adam Duvall

When we went out and got players to help us in 2010-2013 look at who we gave up. Players that have played well at the major league level:

Didi Gregorious

Yonder Alonzo

Yasmani Grandal

Brad Boxberger

We gave up quality prospects in trades when we got players that could help. I don't think we have gotten quality prospects back in our trades lately.

I know its just one but if you're gonna name trades, you gotta give the full picture.

Suarez for a washed up Simon was a great trade.

Mike Leake - Adam Duvall

Didi Gregorious

Yonder Alonzo

Yasmani Grandal

Brad Boxberger

I know its just one but if you're gonna name trades, you gotta give the full picture.

Suarez for a washed up Simon was a great trade.

Didn't they get Luis Castillo and Austin Brice for Dan Straily as well as Anthony Desclafani for Mat Latos?