Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Have Finally Fired Bryan Price!!

Featured Replies

Time to start from scratch including front office

  • Replies 41
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reds get shutout two games in a row 2-0 and we fired the pitching coach? How about the hitting coach?

Outside of Votto the hitting coach isn’t really working with much. Haha

I have less confidence in Red's management because of this move. Firing a manager who has been the manager for several years 15 games into a season tells me the front office is clueless

  • Author
I have less confidence in Red's management because of this move. Firing a manager who has been the manager for several years 15 games into a season tells me the front office is clueless

 

It had to happen. The guy should've been fired after last season. Worst start in what 50-60 years? Fans have completely jumped overboard.

 

What purpose is served by letting him continue to manage and continue to fail to put the team in the best possible situation to succeed?

I have less confidence in Red's management because of this move. Firing a manager who has been the manager for several years 15 games into a season tells me the front office is clueless

 

Or is it simply about trying to salvage the season attendance-wise by appeasing fans' wishes? (Not saying that's any smarter, either.)

It had to happen. The guy should've been fired after last season. Worst start in what 50-60 years? Fans have completely jumped overboard.

 

What purpose is served by letting him continue to manage and continue to fail to put the team in the best possible situation to succeed?

 

This. Also, there's "success" this year (wins) as well as down the road (finding out if Blandino can be a full time 3B?). Seems like these were often in conflict.

It had to happen. The guy should've been fired after last season. Worst start in what 50-60 years? Fans have completely jumped overboard.

 

What purpose is served by letting him continue to manage and continue to fail to put the team in the best possible situation to succeed?

 

Management should have recognized how disgruntled the fans were and fired Price in the offseason. The fact that they try to push through this year with him as manager and had such a little confidence in him that they fired him after 15 games is a big red flag on management in my opinion. There should be nothing that can happen on the baseball field in 15 games that would cause you to fire a manager who has been in place as long as Price has. The whole situation is a statement of ineptitude by Reds management.

  • Author
Time to start from scratch including front office

 

I don't know...I see the vision, or at least what I think the vision is, but it's still a couple years away.

 

3 years from now, I see them envisioning a lineup of:

 

C - Tyler Stephenson

1B - Joey Votto

2B - Nick Senzel

SS - Jeter Downs

3B - Eugenio Suarez

OF - Jesse Winker, Taylor Trammell, ?? (Maybe Stuart Fairchild, Jose Siri, Aristides Aquino?)

 

SP - Tyler Mahle, Amir Garrett, Sal Romano, Hunter Greene, Tony Santillan, etc.

 

 

Now whether that's good enough to compete, :idunno:, but I think that's the vision. Price wasn't ever going to be that guy, and management probably delayed the process by a couple years with some of their decisions, but I think I can see where they're hoping to go.

  • Author
Management should have recognized how disgruntled the fans were and fired Price in the offseason. The fact that they try to push through this year with him as manager and had such a little confidence in him that they fired him after 15 games is a big red flag on management in my opinion. There should be nothing that can happen on the baseball field in 15 games that would cause you to fire a manager who has been in place as long as Price has. The whole situation is a statement of ineptitude by Reds management.

 

It's been 18, not 15, but I get your point. I disagree. I think the fact that they came out and have played as poorly as they have shows how bad things were with Price. This team isn't superbly talented, but they're absolutely better than 3-15.

  • Author
This. Also, there's "success" this year (wins) as well as down the road (finding out if Blandino can be a full time 3B?). Seems like these were often in conflict.

 

Big time. One of my biggest gripes with him was always that he managed as if winning in the present was possible or the goal. The goal has clearly been to rebuild and he needed to manage as such.

Just inevitable. No joy here, though. They will not be significantly better. This team is just plain bad and even worse without Suarez and Schebler. Just not his fault. But I get it. Have to do something.

I don't know...I see the vision, or at least what I think the vision is, but it's still a couple years away.

 

3 years from now, I see them envisioning a lineup of:

 

C - Tyler Stephenson

1B - Joey Votto

2B - Nick Senzel

SS - Jeter Downs

3B - Eugenio Suarez

OF - Jesse Winker, Taylor Trammell, ?? (Maybe Stuart Fairchild, Jose Siri, Aristides Aquino?)

 

SP - Tyler Mahle, Amir Garrett, Sal Romano, Hunter Greene, Tony Santillan, etc.

 

 

Now whether that's good enough to compete, :idunno:, but I think that's the vision. Price wasn't ever going to be that guy, and management probably delayed the process by a couple years with some of their decisions, but I think I can see where they're hoping to go.

 

Shed Long will need a place to play. Maybe the Reds try him out in a corner OF spot. I’m also not ready to give up on Rob Stephenson, he showed flashes last season.

I don't know...I see the vision, or at least what I think the vision is, but it's still a couple years away.

 

3 years from now, I see them envisioning a lineup of:

 

C - Tyler Stephenson

1B - Joey Votto

2B - Nick Senzel

SS - Jeter Downs

3B - Eugenio Suarez

OF - Jesse Winker, Taylor Trammell, ?? (Maybe Stuart Fairchild, Jose Siri, Aristides Aquino?)

 

SP - Tyler Mahle, Amir Garrett, Sal Romano, Hunter Greene, Tony Santillan, etc.

 

 

Now whether that's good enough to compete, :idunno:, but I think that's the vision. Price wasn't ever going to be that guy, and management probably delayed the process by a couple years with some of their decisions, but I think I can see where they're hoping to go.

 

Perhaps this is a topic for another thread but I am curious. At the beginning of the 2015 season, what was the Reds projected lineup for 2018?

  • Author
Perhaps this is a topic for another thread but I am curious. At the beginning of the 2015 season, what was the Reds projected lineup for 2018?

 

No clue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.