Reds Have Finally Fired Bryan Price!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have less confidence in Red's management because of this move. Firing a manager who has been the manager for several years 15 games into a season tells me the front office is clueless

It had to happen. The guy should've been fired after last season. Worst start in what 50-60 years? Fans have completely jumped overboard.

What purpose is served by letting him continue to manage and continue to fail to put the team in the best possible situation to succeed?

I have less confidence in Red's management because of this move. Firing a manager who has been the manager for several years 15 games into a season tells me the front office is clueless

Or is it simply about trying to salvage the season attendance-wise by appeasing fans' wishes? (Not saying that's any smarter, either.)

It had to happen. The guy should've been fired after last season. Worst start in what 50-60 years? Fans have completely jumped overboard.

What purpose is served by letting him continue to manage and continue to fail to put the team in the best possible situation to succeed?

This. Also, there's "success" this year (wins) as well as down the road (finding out if Blandino can be a full time 3B?). Seems like these were often in conflict.

Management should have recognized how disgruntled the fans were and fired Price in the offseason. The fact that they try to push through this year with him as manager and had such a little confidence in him that they fired him after 15 games is a big red flag on management in my opinion. There should be nothing that can happen on the baseball field in 15 games that would cause you to fire a manager who has been in place as long as Price has. The whole situation is a statement of ineptitude by Reds management.

Time to start from scratch including front office

I don't know...I see the vision, or at least what I think the vision is, but it's still a couple years away.

3 years from now, I see them envisioning a lineup of:

C - Tyler Stephenson

1B - Joey Votto

2B - Nick Senzel

SS - Jeter Downs

3B - Eugenio Suarez

OF - Jesse Winker, Taylor Trammell, ?? (Maybe Stuart Fairchild, Jose Siri, Aristides Aquino?)

SP - Tyler Mahle, Amir Garrett, Sal Romano, Hunter Greene, Tony Santillan, etc.

Now whether that's good enough to compete, :idunno:, but I think that's the vision. Price wasn't ever going to be that guy, and management probably delayed the process by a couple years with some of their decisions, but I think I can see where they're hoping to go.

Management should have recognized how disgruntled the fans were and fired Price in the offseason. The fact that they try to push through this year with him as manager and had such a little confidence in him that they fired him after 15 games is a big red flag on management in my opinion. There should be nothing that can happen on the baseball field in 15 games that would cause you to fire a manager who has been in place as long as Price has. The whole situation is a statement of ineptitude by Reds management.

It's been 18, not 15, but I get your point. I disagree. I think the fact that they came out and have played as poorly as they have shows how bad things were with Price. This team isn't superbly talented, but they're absolutely better than 3-15.

This. Also, there's "success" this year (wins) as well as down the road (finding out if Blandino can be a full time 3B?). Seems like these were often in conflict.

Big time. One of my biggest gripes with him was always that he managed as if winning in the present was possible or the goal. The goal has clearly been to rebuild and he needed to manage as such.

I don't know...I see the vision, or at least what I think the vision is, but it's still a couple years away.

C - Tyler Stephenson

1B - Joey Votto

2B - Nick Senzel

SS - Jeter Downs

3B - Eugenio Suarez

OF - Jesse Winker, Taylor Trammell, ?? (Maybe Stuart Fairchild, Jose Siri, Aristides Aquino?)

Now whether that's good enough to compete, :idunno:, but I think that's the vision. Price wasn't ever going to be that guy, and management probably delayed the process by a couple years with some of their decisions, but I think I can see where they're hoping to go.

Shed Long will need a place to play. Maybe the Reds try him out in a corner OF spot. I’m also not ready to give up on Rob Stephenson, he showed flashes last season.

C - Tyler Stephenson

1B - Joey Votto

2B - Nick Senzel

SS - Jeter Downs

3B - Eugenio Suarez

Perhaps this is a topic for another thread but I am curious. At the beginning of the 2015 season, what was the Reds projected lineup for 2018?