Interstate driving

sweet16

I’ve noticed more and more the last 2-3 years driving back and forth from spring and fall break a change in driving.

I bet I passed more people while I was driving in the right lane than when I was in the left lane. Nobody gets over. They will set at 75 and not get the heck over.

Very frustrating.

Society as a whole has become ignorant to a lot of things and driving is one of them. Police don't ticket people for following to close, driving to slow in the fast lane or getting over for tow trucks and emergency vehicles on the shoulder. Follows my theory, people will do wrong until someone steps up and forces them to do right because their to stupid to figure it out on their own.

Depending on where you are going in Florida, try going down US 27 one time. Tried it back in January. A little slow through the northern part of Tn. In a good part of Georgia and the part we used in Fl. it was 4 lane and at times you could go 65mph.

You could go to Chattanooga and hit 27 southwest of the city. In Tallahassee, Fl. 27 and 19 become the same road, they split at Chiefland, Fl. US 27 crosses I-75 at Ocala and heads on down towards Winter Haven, Sebring and Miami. My wife and I headed on down 19 to Clearwater, our destination. It only took maybe about 90 minutes more than I-75 to Clearwater. Plus, we avoided Atlanta. Well worth the extra time and the different scenery.

I’ve noticed more and more the last 2-3 years driving back and forth from spring and fall break a change in driving.

I bet I passed more people while I was driving in the right lane than when I was in the left lane. Nobody gets over. They will set at 75 and not get the heck over.

Very frustrating.

40 minutes of my drive every workday. Drives me crazy.

I've had people tell me that they don't see a problem with it, as speeding is illegal, too.

Montgomery to just north of Birmingham was a parking lot today. There was heavy traffic, which was to be expected. But any small interruption such as a trooper with someone pulled over or 3 lanes going down to 2 lanes would cause a mIles long back up.

As for slow drivers in the left lane...as much as I'd like to bash the Buckeyes (because face it they can't drive) it was cars from Michigan almost every time.

Montgomery to just north of Birmingham was a parking lot today. There was heavy traffic, which was to be expected. But any small interruption such as a trooper with someone pulled over or 3 lanes going down to 2 lanes would cause a mIles long back up.

As for slow drivers in the left lane...as much as I'd like to bash the Buckeyes (because face it they can't drive) it was cars from Michigan almost every time.

That area is always brutal.

I came from SC through Asheville Knoxville and then Nashville. I left very early and made great time despite the left lane drivers.

Biggest issue is that our road infrastructure inst up to par with our demand anymore. Things are more crowded.

I do agree with that. 2 lanes on each side of the interstate in some places are not enough.