Open Job: Madison Southern

Interesting considering his son played some as an 8th grader and will be a freshman next season you would think he wants to coach his son.

Maybe they are moving somewhere for him to be an assistant or he is getting one of the open jobs, I am sure he wants to see his son with a chance to play in the state tournament and Madison Southern probably isn't going to happen.

Buttry did a good job at Madison Southern. They are limited in their ability to compete at the top of the 11th Region but rarely did they field bad teams and several of their clubs were very good - just not beat Lexington/Madison Central/Scott County good.

I have heard Bowling Green, again just what I have heard.

Well gee, I sure hope not. We sure could use a break over here from guys with prior varsity experience turning up in Purple and Gold. It'll just cement further my belief they're going to run this region for the next three years.

I just can’t see this job drawing very much interest from established coaches. The Region is just too demanding and Central usually controls the District. I believe a younger coach with 3-5 years head coaching experience will be the best fit!

I can see it if you know their pay for basketball coaches. Remember, this is the same school district as Madison Central. I believe they get something like 50 extended days on top of a stipend. For most teachers that works out to like $225 per day. Doing the math that is over $11,000 in addition to probably another $10,000 in stipend.

I've always said that the best gig in central KY is the girls coach at Madison Southern. They get the same pay as boys without nearly the pressure.

Is Coach Buttry getting out of teaching or is he taking another teaching job in western Kentucky?

The 11th Region is just too good for Madison Southern to be a significant player most years. Even in their best years they were not good enough to compete with the others.

Will they hire within to fill this position?