February 21, 20188 yr Well, my wife had me watching the Olympics, so I just finished the tape delayed game, WOW! That was a different Cats team tonight! Really good hustle and that impressed me more than anything! Hope they keep it up and I have to tell future coach he was right!
February 21, 20188 yr Arkansas thought they would just push Kentucky around but the Wildcats pushed back. Kentucky is starting to look like a basketball team
February 21, 20188 yr Looking forward to being in Rupp on Saturday. Me and the missus will be there Saturday also. At first i thought it'd be a blah game, but given the current situation in conference, and that UK lost to Mizzou it should be electric. I'll be up and cheering anyway
February 21, 20188 yr Went to bed at 9pm last night fully expecting an Arkansas blowout win. I woke up around 11:40 and glanced at my phone, and saw where Arkansas had won 72-67. I thought well looks like the Cats kept it close, and went back to sleep. I came into work at 6am this morning, and got on here and was shocked to see the Cats had actually won 87-72. Those 8's look like 6's when you're not fully awake, and you're half blind anyway. I look forward to going home this evening, and watching the game on DVR.
February 21, 20188 yr I watched the first half. I wasn't surprised they won but was by the margin, especially how the first 5 minutes went. I know Arkansas was hot from the arc, but there certainly zero effort on the boards allowing the Hogs 7 second chance points to jump out to 11-0. Loved the effort going into half time. Vanderbilt is still a stud on the boards, if he can just put it all together he will be unreal.
February 21, 20188 yr Agreed. Better than WVU IMO. Excellent defense tonight. That looked like a Cal defense. When no haters post in the game thread you know UK played well. Nope just nobody watched.
February 21, 20188 yr Always enjoy when we are on the winning end of the fastest handshake in sports - Cal and Anderson.
February 21, 20188 yr SGA & Green combined for 30 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists and just 3 turnovers....I think that's fairly decent. Didn't expect this outcome at all. Arkansas is a fast physical team and a awful place to go and try to win a basketball game. Cats rose to the challenge.
February 21, 20188 yr Not only did Kentucky win, but A&M and Missouri both lost at home, which bumps Kentucky into a fairly good position when it comes to the SECT and the double bye.
February 21, 20188 yr SGA & Green combined for 30 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists and just 3 turnovers....I think that's fairly decent. Didn't expect this outcome at all. Arkansas is a fast physical team and a awful place to go and try to win a basketball game. Cats rose to the challenge. I really like the dual PG thing they have gone on. They seem to play well together. Both knocking down some three balls last night too. I've lost hope in Diallo finally clicking, but man if he did. It would be a nice little backcourt.
February 21, 20188 yr Per Matt Jones twitter: Kentucky has beaten Arkansas by double digits the last SIX times they have played. That's hard to believe.
February 21, 20188 yr Well, my wife had me watching the Olympics, so I just finished the tape delayed game, WOW! That was a different Cats team tonight! Really good hustle and that impressed me more than anything! Hope they keep it up and I have to tell future coach he was right! For me it wasn't a faith in the players. It's a faith in Coach Cal because basically every year he has been here we have seen this. 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017 fans went crazy in January saying those teams weren't good, no chance they will do anything. Will be lucky to get past 1st weekend. Yet each year Cal by tournament time had them playing their best and one of the hottest teams in the country going into the tournament. 2016 they ran into another hot team and just happened to lose. However imo Cal has shown he gets these young teams figured out and playing their best come March. Yet everyone always freaks out in January early February and act like how that team in the moment is what they will always be. Plus with this team people seemed to forget this wasn't the team he recruited to play this year when people were freaking out. Vanderbilt wasn't playing yet, and once he did we seen the difference he has made every single game he gets to play. Not to mention Baker was suppose to be that 3 point threat off the bench. People get so caught up in the moment and can't seem to look past that moment in time. Imo Cal has earned our faith to believe he will get them right. Which it's not a finished product but definitely seem to be figuring it out. Consistency is key now.
February 21, 20188 yr Not only did Kentucky win, but A&M and Missouri both lost at home, which bumps Kentucky into a fairly good position when it comes to the SECT and the double bye. If Ky takes care of business at home they should be in great shape.
February 21, 20188 yr For me it wasn't a faith in the players. It's a faith in Coach Cal because basically every year he has been here we have seen this. 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017 fans went crazy in January saying those teams weren't good, no chance they will do anything. Will be lucky to get past 1st weekend. Yet each year Cal by tournament time had them playing their best and one of the hottest teams in the country going into the tournament. 2016 they ran into another hot team and just happened to lose. However imo Cal has shown he gets these young teams figured out and playing their best come March. Yet everyone always freaks out in January early February and act like how that team in the moment is what they will always be. Plus with this team people seemed to forget this wasn't the team he recruited to play this year when people were freaking out. Vanderbilt wasn't playing yet, and once he did we seen the difference he has made every single game he gets to play. Not to mention Baker was suppose to be that 3 point threat off the bench. People get so caught up in the moment and can't seem to look past that moment in time. Imo Cal has earned our faith to believe he will get them right. Which it's not a finished product but definitely seem to be figuring it out. Consistency is key now. I wouldn't get too excited yet. The Cats won a huge game at WVU, and then lost 4 out of 5. I need to see some consistent good play from this team before I'm saying they've turned the corner. I do think Vanderbilt has finally worked the off the rust, but Knox has shown all season he can disappear at anytime. Lets see how the Cats play these last 3 games heading into the SEC Tournament before we start comparing them to some of those other teams. The 2016 team lost in the 2nd round to Indiana by the way.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.