CJ Fredrick - CovCath - KY Mr. Basketball?

Guest oxide

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I think Trevon Faulkner wins it.

Give us who haven't seen Faulkner play live a little summary of his game. I spoke with a coach who has seen all of the top seniors in Kentucky he believes Faulkner is the best player. The coach stated he plays with a very high motor. I go to NKU games so I'm excited to see him play.

Give us who haven't seen Faulkner play live a little summary of his game. I spoke with a coach who has seen all of the top seniors in Kentucky he believes Faulkner is the best player. The coach stated he plays with a very high motor. I go to NKU games so I'm excited to see him play.

6’3ish. Long arms. Athletic. Arguably one of the best overall athletes in the state of KY. Can finish with a dunk over pretty much anyone. Very nice jumper and if his jumper is falling then he can do it all. Can literally take over a game all by himself. High motor. High energy. Over 2500 points scored. I feel safe in saying that no player in Mercer County’s history has meant more to their program in the Wins/Losses column than Trevon. Special player, special talent, special kid.

I’m not ashamed to admit my bias. I’ve been watching him play since he was 6 years old. He’s gotten better every year I have watched him play.

6’3ish. Long arms. Athletic. Arguably one of the best overall athletes in the state of KY. Can finish with a dunk over pretty much anyone. Very nice jumper and if his jumper is falling then he can do it all. Can literally take over a game all by himself. High motor. High energy. Over 2500 points scored. I feel safe in saying that no player in Mercer County’s history has meant more to their program in the Wins/Losses column than Trevon. Special player, special talent, special kid.

I’m not ashamed to admit my bias. I’ve been watching him play since he was 6 years old. He’s gotten better every year I have watched him play.

Nice summary! I think Faulkner's senior season ppg and career scoring mark make him stand out over Fredeick and others.

I like most others also have a bias towards a particular player as well. I've seen Trevon play many games and there is nothing about watching him play that you would not love. He has really good season numbers and his impact on the Mercer County program is impeccable. But I could say that about 3 or 4 more guys in the 2018 class, and to me that is the issue I have with Mr. Basketball this year. I would not have one issue with Trevon being selected Mr. Basketball, but this award was given to him probably by the end of his sophomore season and I don't think there was anything any other person in the 2018 class could do about it. He is a wonderful kid and a superb basketball player absolutely worthy of Mr. Basketball.