Who has elected to play up?

gchs_uk9

Didn't see where it has been confirmed by the Highlands insiders. Membership in large, thought something would have been posted.

Did not mean to be snippy as my post might suggest. But yes, Highlands has petitioned to play up. Believe it was mentioned in a thread about Highlands football, not about the coaches or something like that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coach has conferred with the administration on this matter, I am sure. He is also hired to have a successful program. He would not have a public hearing on this matter anymore than he would have a public hearing on his offensive or defensive strategy before the championship game. Whatever his decision, Coach Smith will be supported by the administration, fans and players of Boyle County, certainly without a public hearing. I hope that Guru was just joking about this to get a conversation going. If not I hope he tells us where this has been done before, and accomplished anything but disruption and havoc.

So Guru is suggesting that the coach is the one making this decision? Is that truly the case in these situations? Does the AD and/or administration not have any sort of input in the matter?

I am saying that any school considering moving up should make it public so that the actual students and their parents (you know, the ones this is supposed to be all about) have some input in the decision before it is finalized. Otherwise all we have is multiple government organizations working in secret with our tax dollars making decisions that benefit them with no regard for the actual students they are supposed to be serving.

So Guru is suggesting that the coach is the one making this decision? Is that truly the case in these situations? Does the AD and/or administration not have any sort of input in the matter?

If coaches had a say, you would not have the chaos that has been going on since last Thursday night. I figured a thread would have been started about it by now.

I saying that any school considering moving up should make it public so that the actual students and their parents (you know, the ones this is supposed to be all about) have some input in the decision before it is finalized. Otherwise all we have is multiple government organizations working in secret with our tax dollars making decisions that benefit them with no regard for the actual students they are supposed to be serving.

How did politics get into this?

I am saying that any school considering moving up should make it public so that the actual students and their parents (you know, the ones this is supposed to be all about) have some input in the decision before it is finalized. Otherwise all we have is multiple government organizations working in secret with our tax dollars making decisions that benefit them with no regard for the actual students they are supposed to be serving.

Considering coaches can leave for a more attractive offer at any point. The decision should be made by all stakeholders.

Geography should be the only reason someone should play up.

It’s official. Boyle County requested to play up. First draft has Boyle County in district with Anderson County, Bourbon County and Lexington Catholic.

Central requested to play up in 4A also.

Thanks for the info @PurplePride92

Please start a thread in the Football Forum. Each school is unique and deserves their own thread on the decision to move up.