February 19, 20188 yr Are these just petitions to play up that the KHSAA has to approve? Can they deny the request?
February 19, 20188 yr Are these just petitions to play up that the KHSAA has to approve? Can they deny the request? Yes they can be denied.
February 20, 20188 yr Talked to coach Leffew this afternoon and he said that he had asked coach Smith if Boyle had petitioned to play up and Smith wouldn’t tell him he said that the public would probably find out he before the assitants did, sounds awful top secret to me but I believe Bobby was being honest about Smith not telling them.
February 20, 20188 yr Author Are these just petitions to play up that the KHSAA has to approve? Can they deny the request? It's pretty rare, I believe.
February 20, 20188 yr Author Boyle has been denied before. That was when you had to claim geographic hardship in order to move, something I don't think they do anymore. Now anyone can request to play up and I don't think anyone has been denied the last two cycles. When Boyle was denied their claim, they were already in a district with three teams (Mercer, Marion, Lexington Catholic) who were from cities with streets named after them in Danville! Not much of a geographic hardship. Lol
February 20, 20188 yr You’re probably right, I’m hearing there will be an announcement Wednesday about the teams who petitioned is this correct?
February 20, 20188 yr The decision to play up or stay in your present class is a strategy on the part of the coach for whatever reason. It makes perfect sense for him not to reveal his plans until after the cutoff date which is Wednesday I believe. I am sure there are other teams that would like to know where Boyle will be playing and make their decisions accordingly.
February 20, 20188 yr Old News. Didn't see where it has been confirmed by the Highlands insiders. Membership in large, thought something would have been posted.
February 20, 20188 yr The decision to play up or stay in your present class is a strategy on the part of the coach for whatever reason. It makes perfect sense for him not to reveal his plans until after the cutoff date which is Wednesday I believe. I am sure there are other teams that would like to know where Boyle will be playing and make their decisions accordingly. 100% what I was thinking.
February 20, 20188 yr The decision to play up or stay in your present class is a strategy on the part of the coach for whatever reason. It makes perfect sense for him not to reveal his plans until after the cutoff date which is Wednesday I believe. I am sure there are other teams that would like to know where Boyle will be playing and make their decisions accordingly. I disagree, it affects the entire school. I believe anyone (school) wanting to move up should have to hold at least one public hearing prior to making the application official.
February 20, 20188 yr The simple fact that coaches can get a chance to elect to play up shows you just what a charade the process is and those who are running it.
February 20, 20188 yr The coach has conferred with the administration on this matter, I am sure. He is also hired to have a successful program. He would not have a public hearing on this matter anymore than he would have a public hearing on his offensive or defensive strategy before the championship game. Whatever his decision, Coach Smith will be supported by the administration, fans and players of Boyle County, certainly without a public hearing. I hope that Guru was just joking about this to get a conversation going. If not I hope he tells us where this has been done before, and accomplished anything but disruption and havoc.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.