Who has elected to play up?

gchs_uk9

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to coach Leffew this afternoon and he said that he had asked coach Smith if Boyle had petitioned to play up and Smith wouldn’t tell him he said that the public would probably find out he before the assitants did, sounds awful top secret to me but I believe Bobby was being honest about Smith not telling them.

Boyle has been denied before.

That was when you had to claim geographic hardship in order to move, something I don't think they do anymore. Now anyone can request to play up and I don't think anyone has been denied the last two cycles. When Boyle was denied their claim, they were already in a district with three teams (Mercer, Marion, Lexington Catholic) who were from cities with streets named after them in Danville! Not much of a geographic hardship. Lol

The decision to play up or stay in your present class is a strategy on the part of the coach for whatever reason. It makes perfect sense for him not to reveal his plans until after the cutoff date which is Wednesday I believe. I am sure there are other teams that would like to know where Boyle will be playing and make their decisions accordingly.

The decision to play up or stay in your present class is a strategy on the part of the coach for whatever reason. It makes perfect sense for him not to reveal his plans until after the cutoff date which is Wednesday I believe. I am sure there are other teams that would like to know where Boyle will be playing and make their decisions accordingly.

100% what I was thinking.

I disagree, it affects the entire school. I believe anyone (school) wanting to move up should have to hold at least one public hearing prior to making the application official.

The coach has conferred with the administration on this matter, I am sure. He is also hired to have a successful program. He would not have a public hearing on this matter anymore than he would have a public hearing on his offensive or defensive strategy before the championship game. Whatever his decision, Coach Smith will be supported by the administration, fans and players of Boyle County, certainly without a public hearing. I hope that Guru was just joking about this to get a conversation going. If not I hope he tells us where this has been done before, and accomplished anything but disruption and havoc.