January 25, 20188 yr Did he say why he was not eligible? Or what type players then would he be wanting? He said any players with a DUI would be ineligible.
January 25, 20188 yr WWE founder and chairman Vince McMahon announced Thursday he is giving a professional football league another go. It will be called the XFL, the same name of the league McMahon and NBC tried for one season in 2001, but it won't rely on flashy cheerleaders and antics as its predecessor did, he said. McMahon said he is the sole funding source for the league, which is slated to begin in January 2020. Its first season will have eight teams around the country playing a 10-week schedule. The initial outlay of money is expected to be around $100 million, the same amount of WWE stock McMahon sold last month and funneled into Alpha Entertainment, the company he founded for the project. Vince McMahon -- Gimmick-free XFL to return in 22
January 25, 20188 yr Why does he have to have Kap and Johnny to get ratings? He is going to have to create intrigue somehow to bring eyes to the TV. Minor leagues don’t work, people don’t watch because they don’t care. People would watch Kap and Manziel out there. Neither will apparently be eligible so it doesn’t really matter.
January 26, 20188 yr He is going to have to create intrigue somehow to bring eyes to the TV. Minor leagues don’t work, people don’t watch because they don’t care. People would watch Kap and Manziel out there. Neither will apparently be eligible so it doesn’t really matter. Manziel just isn't any good and football fans don't like Kap. Kap definitely has the talent to play but IMO this league needs to grab the fans that the NFL lost because of Kap.
January 26, 20188 yr Manziel just isn't any good and football fans don't like Kap. Kap definitely has the talent to play but IMO this league needs to grab the fans that the NFL lost because of Kap. Well good news for you because I believe that is his target audience. By saying no DUIs and standing for the anthem I believe he’s trying to attract that market.
January 26, 20188 yr Well good news for you because I believe that is his target audience. By saying no DUIs and standing for the anthem I believe he’s trying to attract that market. Not sure why that's good news for me.
January 26, 20188 yr Not sure why that's good news for me. I guess it’s not but I just simply meant you and McMahon believe the same thing.
January 26, 20188 yr Manziel just isn't any good and football fans don't like Kap. Kap definitely has the talent to play but IMO this league needs to grab the fans that the NFL lost because of Kap. ...certain football fans.
January 29, 20188 yr During college football season I stay up late on saturdays, sit at bar in basement and watch teams from west coast who I know nothing about and could care less about. I just want to watch football. I don’t do that for basketball. If it isn’t X or UK I don’t watch. If this league is in the winter, I’ll watch because it’s football.
January 29, 20188 yr Vince should go after high school seniors. Could probably get some really good players who would rather get paid than play for free for three years while they wait on the NFL.
January 30, 20188 yr He is going to have to create intrigue somehow to bring eyes to the TV. Minor leagues don’t work, people don’t watch because they don’t care. People would watch Kap and Manziel out there. Neither will apparently be eligible so it doesn’t really matter. This will most decidedly be minor-league football. The average NFL team is worth $2.5 billion. McMahon is doing a whole league for $100 million. That's not a lot of salary money to go around. One thing this league could do is provide valuable reps for guys who are buried on NFL benches. But like before, it will be bad football.
January 31, 20188 yr This will most decidedly be minor-league football. The average NFL team is worth $2.5 billion. McMahon is doing a whole league for $100 million. That's not a lot of salary money to go around. One thing this league could do is provide valuable reps for guys who are buried on NFL benches. But like before, it will be bad football. Is The Trinity/St. X game bad football? Just because they are presumably less talented than NFL? Then all high school football is bad. If teams are evenly matched, then the games should be competitive and entertaining.
January 31, 20188 yr Is The Trinity/St. X game bad football? Just because they are presumably less talented than NFL? Then all high school football is bad. If teams are evenly matched, then the games should be competitive and entertaining. I am capable of appreciating different levels of football and knowing the difference. In these XFL games, it's bad football with low stakes, because invariably it will be compared to NFL. To throw out the X-T rivalry into this discussion is kind of silly, because there's nothing else in HS FB in Ky that can really compare to it. I don't watch a HS game expecting to see them do things on the same level as the pros.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.