Covington Catholic 61 Florida Prep Academy (FL) 60

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An early stat filing by, maybe some older friends?

For the Colonels (61.5/58.3/60.0) -

217/18 Kentucky High School Boys Basketball

Led by -

Fredrick - 27 pts. on (69/57/50) shooting.

Ruthsatz - 16 (62/60/100).

Walter - 8 pts. & 9 rebs.

CJ had 16 in the 1st qtr including 4 3s.

Covington Catholic had 27 of their 61 in the first qtr.

Final sequence was fun.

FPA makes 2 FTs with 9 seconds left. CCH has no timeouts and CJ Fredrick had to leave the game due to blood on his uniform. Aiden Ruthsatz takes the throw in and drives for a pull up from 18 . Ball goes in with 3 seconds on the clock. FPA quickly throws it in and then the clock goes to zero. FPA coach is yelling he called a time out but I couldn't hear a whistle. Officials got together and decided to put 2.4 seconds on the clock Somehow the Colonels let a FPA player catch a pass below the foul line and get a shot up but it was off.

Final sequence was fun.

FPA makes 2 FTs with 9 seconds left. CCH has no timeouts and CJ Fredrick had to leave the game due to blood on his uniform. Aiden Ruthsatz takes the throw in and drives for a pull up from 18 . Ball goes in with 3 seconds on the clock. FPA quickly throws it in and then the clock goes to zero. FPA coach is yelling he called a time out but I couldn't hear a whistle. Officials got together and decided to put 2.4 seconds on the clock Somehow the Colonels let a FPA player catch a pass below the foul line and get a shot up but it was off.

I don’t have opportunity see many games of CCH, obviously none in Florida, but it seems to me that CJ goes out of games a lot with blood just from earlier games I’ve read about on BGP. Does he have a target on him from other teams or am I off base?

Any player who is the best player on a team is going to get the attention of the scouting report and usually the best defender assigned to guard you. That usually means you have to earn your baskets because there will be double teams and never letting you get good looks. But to suggest anything more sinister seems sort of tin hat to me. He gets no more physical play to slow him down as the next really good player on any other team if you ask me for what I have seen.

A better explanation is that CJ is a warrior who plays so hard giving up his body to defend or score that he is going to be more prone due to his own willingness to sacrifice a blow to the face if it means getting to a loose ball or some other competitive move. I say you are way off base but just my opinion.

I don’t have opportunity see many games of CCH, obviously none in Florida, but it seems to me that CJ goes out of games a lot with blood just from earlier games I’ve read about on BGP. Does he have a target on him from other teams or am I off base?

:lol2: It's funny that you mention this, and yes it does seem that his blood is drawn on a regular basis.

CJ's a gritty player with dynamite quickness who is forever bolting in and out of traffic in the process of creating his shot and/or drawing a foul. In doing so he increases the chances for contact, and therefore blood.

At least that's my take on it, and best guesstimation on how to give this question a logical answer... Kid is a hard-nosed player.