#1 Danville vs. #3 Mayfield (2A State Final)

16thBBall Fan

2A State Championship Who wins?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. 2A State Championship Who wins?

I wouldn't classify that as strategy. I doubt anyone associated with the current football program did that. Now it could have been a FORMER player who is still sour over getting beat by Dville. That's my guess...

Haha based on Facebook....I'm going to say that's a pretty solid guess.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love these speed comparisons.. both teams will be fast.. I’ve saw Danville on video and watched the ending of the CAL vs Mayfield game.. . I myself like to add the speed factor with the pads on instead of just put running.Most kids lose some speed with the pads..

88 yards rushing. 200 passing.

The quote I cited talked of stopping #7 rushing. Danville had 113 yards rushing vs the same opponent Mayfield only rushed for 88 vs.

I hope you see the point. It’s obvious This year Mayfield improved. Can’t the same be possible for Danville.

Been a while since our Redbirds have actually been the underdog. I like it though. Danville has held #1 all year long I think so I expect for us to be the underdog. It’s gonna be a great game folks. I like our chances if our D played the way it did vs CAL. Smash mouth football with 11 hats to the ball. That’s how we roll! Cardinals get their 13 state title!!!!

Of course Danville improved. You bring 90 percent of last year's experience to the big carpet and you should be the favorite. I think alot of conversation is getting lost in history. Completely different teams since the last time they faced off. I believe different personnel for both staffs since then. Only thing that is funny to me is Mayfield being written off. I remember the year we came back to 2A Danville wasn't relevant that year (no offense). Everyone wrote Mayfield off and said we wouldnt have the same success as we had in 1A and blah blah blah go back and tell me who that state champion was that year. I'll wait...

Of course Danville improved. You bring 90 percent of last year's experience to the big carpet and you should be the favorite. I think alot of conversation is getting lost in history. Completely different teams since the last time they faced off. I believe different personnel for both staffs since then. Only thing that is funny to me is Mayfield being written off. I remember the year we came back to 2A Danville wasn't relevant that year (no offense). Everyone wrote Mayfield off and said we wouldnt have the same success as we had in 1A and blah blah blah go back and tell me who that state champion was that year. I'll wait...

Do you think you’re the only team to be dissed in such ways? I remember this site was quick to dismiss Boyle in 2000 and they would know real football in 3A the next year. Boyle proceeded to reel off three more straight to go to five.

No one I know is discounting Mayfield. Danville is far from overconfident. It will be a great game and Mayfield came out of the tougher bracket. Pretty even as I see it. In fact I don’t see any Ads fans here dissing Cardinal players like some have done VanCleave.