#1 Danville vs. #3 Mayfield (2A State Final)

16thBBall Fan

2A State Championship Who wins?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. 2A State Championship Who wins?

Of course Danville improved. You bring 90 percent of last year's experience to the big carpet and you should be the favorite. I think alot of conversation is getting lost in history. Completely different teams since the last time they faced off. I believe different personnel for both staffs since then. Only thing that is funny to me is Mayfield being written off. I remember the year we came back to 2A Danville wasn't relevant that year (no offense). Everyone wrote Mayfield off and said we wouldnt have the same success as we had in 1A and blah blah blah go back and tell me who that state champion was that year. I'll wait...

No one has written Mayfield off. In fact the only dumb post I've seen was a Mayfield fan on Twitter saying the Cardinals will win by a running clock. There has been nothing but respect from everyone outside of those who are just trying to stir up controversy that isn't actually there.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think you’re the only team to be dissed in such ways? I remember this site was quick to dismiss Boyle in 2000 and they would know real football in 3A the next year. Boyle proceeded to reel off three more straight to go to five.

No one I know is discounting Mayfield. Danville is far from overconfident. It will be a great game and Mayfield came out of the tougher bracket. Pretty even as I see it. In fact I don’t see any Ads fans here dissing Cardinal players like some have done VanCleave.

This. No one has said a negative word about Mayfield at all.

Wireman I like you my guy but I do recall last week you say something along the lines about Mayfield knowing the were going to lose last week...

I never said that. I actually said that I see no way CAL gets out of Mayfield with a win. I picked Mayfield to win last week.

Wireman Premium Member

I'm sure Mayfield will be happy to know that they've already lost next week.

Come on now my guy. The internet never forgets lol

Uh, that was a shot at CAL fans saying they were going to roll to the championship. I said Mayfield was winning from the start.

All kidding aside I'm just excited for the match up. I wanted this match up last year. Unfortunately, it didn't end up that way but better late than never. I never dissed the #7 kid. I just think Wright is better. I've watched his highlights and The kid is fast, I mean night and day fast but we've seen fast all year that's my only rebuttal there.

Wireman Premium Member

I'm sure Mayfield will be happy to know that they've already lost next week.

Come on now my guy. The internet never forgets lol

Sarcasm doesn’t always translate on a message board.