16thBBall Fan

#1 Danville vs. #3 Mayfield (2A State Final)

2A State Championship Who wins?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. 2A State Championship Who wins?

This one could be a good game most will think it is Danville's game but Mayfield is very good as well this game scheduled for 1:000 p.m. Saturday Dec. 2.

What’s the overall record between these two?

I can only remember Mayfield beating the ADs one time and I believe that was a semi state game back in 02 17-7.

Danville has dominated the overall series, but, several of those games were classics and could have gone either way. Those games were mainly in the late 80s and 90s, as these 2 teams have only played a couple of times in the 2000's with the last one either in 02 or 03, can't remember exactly, so, I wouldn't put much stock in the history, as most of these kids were in diapers the last time they played.. Both teams are high powered offensively and both teams play solid D.. Speed on both sides. Should be another classic battle.

What’s the overall record between these two?

Danville is 9-1 against Mayfield or something like that.

Danville wins by as much as they want. If they were playing in Mayfield it could be a close game. But at the grocery Danville wins large.

Danville has dominated the overall series, but, several of those games were classics and could have gone either way. Those games were mainly in the late 80s and 90s, as these 2 teams have only played a couple of times in the 2000's with the last one either in 02 or 03, can't remember exactly, so, I wouldn't put much stock in the history, as most of these kids were in diapers the last time they played.. Both teams are high powered offensively and both teams play solid D.. Speed on both sides. Should be another classic battle.

I agree with all that you have said. I think the last meeting was in 2006 in a semi state game. Danville won 27-0.

Danville wins by as much as they want. If they were playing in Mayfield it could be a close game. But at the grocery Danville wins large.

As much as they want? Come on now. You really think that? (Honest question)

So from a close game at Mayfield or a blowout at a neutral site. Makes perfect sense to me. SMH

Edited by WHO'S NEXT?

Please Please Please continue to overlook us. I’m begging you!

I'll ask the same question I ask every week (because I don't know)....what kind of speed does Mayfield have?

I'll ask the same question I ask every week (because I don't know)....what kind of speed does Mayfield have?

We match up well that's the best way I can put it.

Very good team spead, across the board.