#1 Danville vs. #3 Mayfield (2A State Final)

16thBBall Fan

2A State Championship Who wins?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. 2A State Championship Who wins?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danville has dominated the overall series, but, several of those games were classics and could have gone either way. Those games were mainly in the late 80s and 90s, as these 2 teams have only played a couple of times in the 2000's with the last one either in 02 or 03, can't remember exactly, so, I wouldn't put much stock in the history, as most of these kids were in diapers the last time they played.. Both teams are high powered offensively and both teams play solid D.. Speed on both sides. Should be another classic battle.

Danville has dominated the overall series, but, several of those games were classics and could have gone either way. Those games were mainly in the late 80s and 90s, as these 2 teams have only played a couple of times in the 2000's with the last one either in 02 or 03, can't remember exactly, so, I wouldn't put much stock in the history, as most of these kids were in diapers the last time they played.. Both teams are high powered offensively and both teams play solid D.. Speed on both sides. Should be another classic battle.

I agree with all that you have said. I think the last meeting was in 2006 in a semi state game. Danville won 27-0.