#1 Danville vs. #3 Mayfield (2A State Final)

16thBBall Fan

2A State Championship Who wins?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. 2A State Championship Who wins?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they have elite speed on both sides of the ball, they'll have a chance to bring the trophy home. If not, Danville will be hard to stop.

Well, I"m not sure how to determine ELITE, probably dont have any 1 player as fast as your guy, cant remember his name, but we have several, i mean several that can break big plays every time they touch the ball, line has very, very good swarming speed.

Well, I"m not sure how to determine ELITE, probably dont have any 1 player as fast as your guy, cant remember his name, but we have several, i mean several that can break big plays every time they touch the ball, line has very, very good swarming speed.

I'm not sure anyone has his speed, but it's the other Danville players that Mayfield will have to stop too. If they can match the speed, I think it'll be an incredible game. I look forward to watching it.

His name is D'Mauriae VanCleave, by the way.

I'm not sure anyone has his speed, but it's the other Danville players that Mayfield will have to stop too. If they can match the speed, I think it'll be an incredible game. I look forward to watching it.

His name is D'Mauriae VanCleave, by the way.

I figure it will take a near perfect game for the cards to pull off the win, i think we will be far better than anyone the admirals have played in the playoffs for sure, crazy things can happen, and the ball can bounce funny, we are playing very good football right now. should be a good one.

Mayfield matches up much better against speed, as opposed to smash mouth. The last two games they have really shown a penchant for taking what the defense gives them. Defensively, they have found the other teams’ biggest threat, and for the most part, neutralized it. They can land punches, and more importantly, take a lick and come right back. They could be undefeated. Corbin won by 3...and by all accounts, Mayfield didnt look their best that night (I make 4 or 5 reg season games a year. Usually the better matchups). But playing a good team can do that to you.

Mayfield matches up much better against speed, as opposed to smash mouth. The last two games they have really shown a penchant for taking what the defense gives them. Defensively, they have found the other teams’ biggest threat, and for the most part, neutralized it. They can land punches, and more importantly, take a lick and come right back. They could be undefeated. Corbin won by 3...and by all accounts, Mayfield didnt look their best that night (I make 4 or 5 reg season games a year. Usually the better matchups). But playing a good team can do that to you.

Losing by 3 to a team playing for the 3 A championship isn't a bad resume, Corbin is good, I thought central would beat them tho after what they did to belfry.

Losing by 3 to a team playing for the 3 A championship isn't a bad resume, Corbin is good, I thought central would beat them tho after what they did to belfry.

Danville beat the other team in the 3A championship by 3 points so anyway you slice it, this figures to be a great 2A title game. And a great 3A title game.

Thing is if Danville fans are basing then winning by previous Mayfield vs Danville record their going to be shocked. We don't even run that same style offense that we use to run. We utilize more players on offense and defense which makes us a deeper. When we played Danville in those other games in the past, we were very one dimensional. We ran the ball and threw on 3rd down. If you expecting that same type of old school Mayfield football, just run the ball type of Mayfield team, then your going to be in for a long afternoon. We spread the field with speed and skilled players. Should be a great game. Can't Wait!