Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Favorite Ric Flair Moments

Featured Replies

With the upcoming 30 for 30 feature on the Nature Boy, I got to thinking about some favorite matches/moments that NB has provided us for four decades.

 

I remember this one well. Flair shows up in Memphis, agreeing to sign for a match with Eddie Marlin's promotion to wrestle the Southern Heavyweight champion sometime in the future. But Jerry Lawler baits Flair into a TV match for Flair's NWA world title. Flair ends up getting counted out after leaving the ring and taking his title belt. Lawler thinks he should be the new world champ. Flair comes back out with Jimmy Hart and writes Hart a $10,000 check, which Hart can cash when Lawler has a broken leg or neck and is no longer able to wrestle.

 

Great episode. Lots of insults and disparaging remarks from Nature Boy towards the people of Memphis. Plenty of great old commercials as well. Lance Russell and Dave Brown on the call.

His time in original 4. Great watching. Was very interested to see Hogan speak so highly of him last night. I always thought they weren’t exactly enamored with each other. Not sure if anyone in the locker room is more respected than Flair. I think many learned what to do and not do based on his selflessness and by his lifestyle.

Figure Fours, Sharpshooters, Scorpion Deathlocks, Crossface Cripplers... There aren't many moves, especially finishers, I haven't used or been on the receiving end of.

 

Thinking back on it brings to mind a friend who broke his arm during a Royal Rumble on a trampoline, distracting the only remaining opponent long enough for me to pick up the win. Due to the broken arm, I never got my title shot and we had to transition to trying to jump action figures off the trampoline. Same kid broke the other arm and moved out of the neighborhood after landing on a Vader figure and basically tripping off.

 

I started playing organized basketball that winter and never got back on the circled square.

With the upcoming 30 for 30 feature on the Nature Boy, I got to thinking about some favorite matches/moments that NB has provided us for four decades.

 

I remember this one well. Flair shows up in Memphis, agreeing to sign for a match with Eddie Marlin's promotion to wrestle the Southern Heavyweight champion sometime in the future. But Jerry Lawler baits Flair into a TV match for Flair's NWA world title. Flair ends up getting counted out after leaving the ring and taking his title belt. Lawler thinks he should be the new world champ. Flair comes back out with Jimmy Hart and writes Hart a $10,000 check, which Hart can cash when Lawler has a broken leg or neck and is no longer able to wrestle.

 

Great episode. Lots of insults and disparaging remarks from Nature Boy towards the people of Memphis. Plenty of great old commercials as well. Lance Russell and Dave Brown on the call.

 

The old NWA shows used to be awesome to watch when I was a kid.

  • Author
The old NWA shows used to be awesome to watch when I was a kid.

 

I couldn't wait til the weekend came around so I could watch Flair vs. Steamboat or Flair vs. Wahoo or Flair/Valentine vs. Blackjack Mulligan / Wahoo. Terrific stuff!

I always love when Flair takes a pounding, then shows the spirit to fight back...but ends up falling flat on his face

I couldn't wait til the weekend came around so I could watch Flair vs. Steamboat or Flair vs. Wahoo or Flair/Valentine vs. Blackjack Mulligan / Wahoo. Terrific stuff!

 

I always lked Flair against Magnum TA.

More patented move than a Flair Figure 4 is him falling forward onto his face. Not sure anyone else has perfected this as well as the Nature Boy.

I loved Flair during the early days of the Four Horsemen, before the bastardized versions with Barry Wyndam and Mondo McMichael.

 

Of course those old NWA days were great as well.

Ric Flair vs Edge for the WWE Championship on Raw near the end of his career. 2007 or 2008 I think the match was. Flair lost but it was a good match.

Add a new one to the list:

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.