Jaguars 23 Bengals 7

It's funny. I keep from fans of other teams talking bad about Bortles. Yet, he's leading one of the best teams in the NFL right now.

The jags remind me a lot of the Texans the last few years. Great defense but qb not going to be good enough to make plays to win in the playoffs. Even Colin Kaepernick had to make plays in the playoffs when he had a great defense for them to win in the playoffs.

So question is do you trust him to make winning type plays for you all against other good teams in the playoffs?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time will tell. The Bengal offensive woes continue. Our defense is OK. Kudos to your punt return guy. That was a fun special teams TD. If the Jags make the playoffs and the AFC Championship well then we can feel a lil bit better. :lol2:

Scoring points is going to be a challenge for the remainder of the season. On behalf of the remaining Bengal opponents....

Thank you Bengal Organization for not drafting O-lineman or picking up SOLID Free Agents !

:)

I'm not sure why people keep acting like drafting lineman would have helped, especially in a weak lineman draft? Are there any lineman that was drafted this year who are standing out for teams?

We have to accept it for what it is. This was a rebuilding year even if we didn't realize it at first. The Bengals added pieces in other weak areas that should help for the future. Next step now is obviuosly the line in both free agency and draft. If they can do that, then the Bengals basically did a rebuild on the fly that puts them in a good spot. If we had to go through this season to get to a good spot next year. I think most will say it was worth it.

Absolutely not. I remember in high school talking smack about people's mothers and girlfriends. If AJ is dumb enough to take bait on that he deserves his ejection and suspension.

By retaliation I mean pushing and shoving, not a takedown and punches thrown. In no way would I ever defend what AJ did today.

My takes:

I thought the Jags were legit, I still think they are. Jags had 78 plays to the Benglas 37, that is complete domination of both lines of scrimmage. How AD isn't on IR is beyond me. Our defense is not very good. They are tough in the red zone only. Between the 20's, pathetic. They do not cover the middle of the field and may be the poorest tackling team in the Lewis era.

Offensively, they are horrible. This is due primarily to the o-line that is pretty evident. The only bright spot all day was Kroft. The guy keeps getting better.

Special teams giving up a big play again.

This team will not win 7 games.

My takes:

I thought the Jags were legit, I still think they are. Jags had 78 plays to the Benglas 37, that is complete domination of both lines of scrimmage. How AD isn't on IR is beyond me. Our defense is not very good. They are tough in the red zone only. Between the 20's, pathetic. They do not cover the middle of the field and may be the poorest tackling team in the Lewis era.

Offensively, they are horrible. This is due primarily to the o-line that is pretty evident. The only bright spot all day was Kroft. The guy keeps getting better.

Special teams giving up a big play again.

This team will not win 7 games.

Over reaction and not just fact on the defense. Going into today the Bengals were the second best defense in the NFL in yards given up. So they are not horrible 20 to 20 like you said. 3rd down conversion defense especially today was horrible.

I think we all agree the offense has been bad basically all year. The offense doesnt possess the ball and take time off the clock. The offense doesnt flip field possession by at least making drives. The offense is second to last in the NFL in total yards. The defense was second best in total yards. The defense is 4th best in points allowed. The offense is 5th worst in the NFL. So things don't exactly add up to people's opinion on the defense. If the Bengals defense is horrible, then imagine how all other fans bases feel about their defenses.

It's very simple the problem is the offense. The offense is main area needed to be addressed this off season. The Bengals defense is dealing with what the Broncos defense is dealing with. That is having a horrible offense that does nothing to help the defense out.

Bengals better draft the ND tackle or ND guard next year or Orlando Brown Jr.

I don't think this has ever happened before, but I actually agree with you. I've been watching ND games all year for the sole purpose of watching their O line.

Over reaction and not just fact on the defense. Going into today the Bengals were the second best defense in the NFL in yards given up. So they are not horrible 20 to 20 like you said. 3rd down conversion defense especially today was horrible.

I think we all agree the offense has been bad basically all year. The offense doesnt possess the ball and take time off the clock. The offense doesnt flip field possession by at least making drives. The offense is second to last in the NFL in total yards. The defense was second best in total yards. The defense is 4th best in points allowed. The offense is 5th worst in the NFL. So things don't exactly add up to people's opinion on the defense. If the Bengals defense is horrible, then imagine how all other fans bases feel about their defenses.

It's very simple the problem is the offense. The offense is main area needed to be addressed this off season. The Bengals defense is dealing with what the Broncos defense is dealing with. That is having a horrible offense that does nothing to help the defense out.

Overaction? Not even upset, because I expected this. The defense has been awful the last two weeks. Period. I do know the offense is the problem mostly, but to even think the defense is better than average is a stretch. We gave up 78 plays to an average at best offensive team.

The offense is the main problem, I agree. However, the defense is not doing their job.

There is nothing good about this team right now, nothing. I don't see them beating the Titans or Broncos in the next two weeks.

Overaction? Not even upset, because I expected this. The defense has been awful the last two weeks. Period. I do know the offense is the problem mostly, but to even think the defense is better than average is a stretch. We gave up 78 plays to an average at best offensive team.

The offense is the main problem, I agree. However, the defense is not doing their job.

There is nothing good about this team right now, nothing. I don't see them beating the Titans or Broncos in the next two weeks.

Defense is top 5 in both yards given up and points even with the offense doing nothing to help them out. Even today obviuosly the defense didn't do great because they couldn't get off the field on third down. However even when the defense did get off the field the offense would go three and out and defense was right back out there.

The majority of defenses in the nfl if they sucked on third down and offense also sucked. They would have given up over 30 or 40 points similar to what the Giants and Broncos defenses gave up today. The fact the defense only gave up 16 considering all that and admittedly not doing great today shows that are not as bad as some make them out to be. Just imagine what the defense could look like if it actually played with leads more often. The defense has no choice but to have to hang tough with how bad the offense is and they still managed to be top 5 in NFL in yards and points. Which means the majority of teams have it a lot worse off than the Bengals on defense. Most would want the Bengals defense based off that.

To add to it the Broncos are like the Bengals right now. A horrible offense is killing their defense. First to 3 may win that game.

I'm not sure why people keep acting like drafting lineman would have helped, especially in a weak lineman draft? Are there any lineman that was drafted this year who are standing out for teams?

We have to accept it for what it is. This was a rebuilding year even if we didn't realize it at first. The Bengals added pieces in other weak areas that should help for the future. Next step now is obviuosly the line in both free agency and draft. If they can do that, then the Bengals basically did a rebuild on the fly that puts them in a good spot. If we had to go through this season to get to a good spot next year. I think most will say it was worth it.

I believe the Jags drafted an OT in the second round this year who has started every game and has done a very good job. Even with a gimpy ankle the last 2 weeks.

What say you @GrizzlyAdams

C'mon, be real, stats are often misleading and this is DEFINITELY one of those times.

The Bengals have played 2 HORRIBLE offenses (Ravens and Browns), and another that was in transition and very limited when they played (Texans) that those rankings are built on, and even with that didn't the Ravens have an almost 10 minute drive against us?? Played pretty good against the Bills and the other 3 games they were just totally dominated and pushed all over the field (Packers, Colts, unreal, and Steelers). When you give up 250 yds or less against awful offenses and get dominated against the good ones the AVERAGES OR RANKINGS don't look too bad but that is how they are misleading, this is not a good defense, like I said in another post, YES, the offense is awful but when they go 3 and out why can't our d get a 3 and out back instead of giving up 7-8 minute drives like they have so many times. Just like today, the Jags had 4 scoring drives that lasted 7-8 minutes each, that's HALF of the game right there, if they have it 2 minutes their other 4-5 poss that's 40 minutes right there!!!!!

I believe the Jags drafted an OT in the second round this year who has started every game and has done a very good job. Even with a gimpy ankle the last 2 weeks.

What say you @GrizzlyAdams

I'm pretty sure that guy was 2 years ago. The OT from Bama. Let's not forget part of our problem is because the two tackles we drafted didn't pan out. Same with the center we drafted. So drafting lineman for the sake of drafting lineman is pointless. I have zero problem with them not drafting a lineman in a weak lineman draft just to draft one. They did cover a lot of holes in the draft. Now as we are seeing it wasn't going to make a difference because the line is still bad. However the Bengals basically did a rebuild while trying to compete still hoping their young tackles would turn the corner. So the Bengals did get younger so now all focus could be on o line next year and the Bengals would have went through a rebuild without truly having to blow it all up. O line and new coaches and I think we see a big change next year.

I'm pretty sure that guy was 2 years ago. The OT from Bama. Let's not forget part of our problem is because the two tackles we drafted didn't pan out. Same with the center we drafted. So drafting lineman for the sake of drafting lineman is pointless. I have zero problem with them not drafting a lineman in a weak lineman draft just to draft one. They did cover a lot of holes in the draft. Now as we are seeing it wasn't going to make a difference because the line is still bad. However the Bengals basically did a rebuild while trying to compete still hoping their young tackles would turn the corner. So the Bengals did get younger so now all focus could be on o line next year and the Bengals would have went through a rebuild without truly having to blow it all up. O line and new coaches and I think we see a big change next year.

Cam Robinson was this year.