Jaguars 23 Bengals 7

I'm pretty sure that guy was 2 years ago. The OT from Bama. Let's not forget part of our problem is because the two tackles we drafted didn't pan out. Same with the center we drafted. So drafting lineman for the sake of drafting lineman is pointless. I have zero problem with them not drafting a lineman in a weak lineman draft just to draft one. They did cover a lot of holes in the draft. Now as we are seeing it wasn't going to make a difference because the line is still bad. However the Bengals basically did a rebuild while trying to compete still hoping their young tackles would turn the corner. So the Bengals did get younger so now all focus could be on o line next year and the Bengals would have went through a rebuild without truly having to blow it all up. O line and new coaches and I think we see a big change next year.

Will Mike Brown make those changes though??????????? Not his MO in the past.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon, be real, stats are often misleading and this is DEFINITELY one of those times.

The Bengals have played 2 HORRIBLE offenses (Ravens and Browns), and another that was in transition and very limited when they played (Texans) that those rankings are built on, and even with that didn't the Ravens have an almost 10 minute drive against us?? Played pretty good against the Bills and the other 3 games they were just totally dominated and pushed all over the field (Packers, Colts, unreal, and Steelers). When you give up 250 yds or less against awful offenses and get dominated against the good ones the AVERAGES OR RANKINGS don't look too bad but that is how they are misleading, this is not a good defense, like I said in another post, YES, the offense is awful but when they go 3 and out why can't our d get a 3 and out back instead of giving up 7-8 minute drives like they have so many times. Just like today, the Jags had 4 scoring drives that lasted 7-8 minutes each, that's HALF of the game right there, if they have it 2 minutes their other 4-5 poss that's 40 minutes right there!!!!!

I'm assuming you meant to quote me with that. You realize every team in the NFL ends up playing bad teams or offenses. I mean most would say the Broncos defense is top notch yet they don't look as great when their offense sucks. In today's nfl with the rules it's almost impossible for a defense to look great with a horrible offense. Imo we won't see a ravens type team win a super bowl because of defense only like they did with Dilfer. You have to have an offense that does something. Either move the ball to flip field position, control the ball for time of possession, etc. The bengals offense does nothing to help the defense.

Today was the first game where the defense allowed a team to make long drives all game. Usually they don't allow one of those long drives a game, not every time like today.

Cam Robinson was this year.

Thanks I couldn't remember. He was the 2nd pick in the second round. Bengals weren't going to take him 9th overall. And I remember hearing reports that they tried to trade back, but wasn't able to make it happen. But that shows how weak of a ol draft it was. Robinson was one of the best ones and he didn't go till second round. Usually lineman thought of to be good go early.

Thanks I couldn't remember. He was the 2nd pick in the second round. Bengals weren't going to take him 9th overall. And I remember hearing reports that they tried to trade back, but wasn't able to make it happen. But that shows how weak of a ol draft it was. Robinson was one of the best ones and he didn't go till second round. Usually lineman thought of to be good go early.

I agree with you. I was just clarifying.

I didn't say the Bengals would have drafted him. I was answering your question if any OT drafted this year had an impact. The first rounder for Denver has graded really high this year and the kid from WKU drafted by the Chargers sufferered an ACL injury.

C'mon, be real, stats are often misleading and this is DEFINITELY one of those times.

The Bengals have played 2 HORRIBLE offenses (Ravens and Browns), and another that was in transition and very limited when they played (Texans) that those rankings are built on, and even with that didn't the Ravens have an almost 10 minute drive against us?? Played pretty good against the Bills and the other 3 games they were just totally dominated and pushed all over the field (Packers, Colts, unreal, and Steelers). When you give up 250 yds or less against awful offenses and get dominated against the good ones the AVERAGES OR RANKINGS don't look too bad but that is how they are misleading, this is not a good defense, like I said in another post, YES, the offense is awful but when they go 3 and out why can't our d get a 3 and out back instead of giving up 7-8 minute drives like they have so many times. Just like today, the Jags had 4 scoring drives that lasted 7-8 minutes each, that's HALF of the game right there, if they have it 2 minutes their other 4-5 poss that's 40 minutes right there!!!!!

I think we are agreeing.

I didn't say the Bengals would have drafted him. I was answering your question if any OT drafted this year had an impact. The first rounder for Denver has graded really high this year and the kid from WKU drafted by the Chargers sufferered an ACL injury.

Oh, and I just looked at the draft. The saints had a first rounder from WI who has started every game at tackle for them also.

Overall, not a high output draft for lineman but that is 3 LT's starting for pretty good teams.

I'm assuming you meant to quote me with that. You realize every team in the NFL ends up playing bad teams or offenses. I mean most would say the Broncos defense is top notch yet they don't look as great when their offense sucks. In today's nfl with the rules it's almost impossible for a defense to look great with a horrible offense. Imo we won't see a ravens type team win a super bowl because of defense only like they did with Dilfer. You have to have an offense that does something. Either move the ball to flip field position, control the ball for time of possession, etc. The bengals offense does nothing to help the defense.

Today was the first game where the defense allowed a team to make long drives all game. Usually they don't allow one of those long drives a game, not every time like today.

LOL, YES I DID, SORRY!!! I couldn't agree with you more, this offense is BEYOND HORRIBLE, mainly because of the O line first then Dalton second because now he's so skittish that he misses a lot of BIG plays when he has time and people are open like AJ TODAY!! But surely you have to admit this defense is not good, 157 yds rushing vs Ravens, 168 yds rushing vs Houston, 152 yds rushing vs Pittsburg, 115 yds rushing vs Indy, how many times do you see one of our defensive lineman across the line of scrimmage against a run in a game, we continually get physically dominated in games, let receivers run open and allow long drives, this is NOT a good defense by any stretch!! Oh yes, AND we recovered our first fumble today in what, the last 17 games or something, another NFL record for us!!

LOL, YES I DID, SORRY!!! I couldn't agree with you more, this offense is BEYOND HORRIBLE, mainly because of the O line first then Dalton second because now he's so skittish that he misses a lot of BIG plays when he has time and people are open like AJ TODAY!! But surely you have to admit this defense is not good, 157 yds rushing vs Ravens, 168 yds rushing vs Houston, 152 yds rushing vs Pittsburg, 115 yds rushing vs Indy, how many times do you see one of our defensive lineman across the line of scrimmage against a run in a game, we continually get physically dominated in games, let receivers run open and allow long drives, this is NOT a good defense by any stretch!! Oh yes, AND we recovered our first fumble today in what, the last 17 games or something, another NFL record for us!!

So we agree our offense sucks. Which means defense is always on the field. Plus since we're always trailing because of our offense sucking. It allows teams a two way go, they can run the ball to take time off the clock or pass. I think all defenses would agree it's a lot easier to play defense with a lead than always trailing. With all that and always being on the field they are top 5 in both yards and scoring, also top 5 in pass defense, and top 10 in sacks. Are they a shut down defense no. But considering they are always on the field because of a bad offense, tells me defense is not something I'm worried about. Just like I doubt the Broncos think their defense is a problem.

As for the Ravens game, Dalton and the offense kept turning it over. The Houston game the defense gave up one td, which 60 rush yards came on that play. Pittsburgh game offense decided not to show up in the second half. Last week while not playing dominant defense, the Bengals only won the game because of the defense scoring a td late because the offense wasn't going to.

The defense is the least of my concerns. If we had even a decent offense, I think people would feel very differently. The offense has done nothing to help this defense. The defense hasn't been great the last 2 weeks but no where near as bad as some of you act.

So we agree our offense sucks. Which means defense is always on the field. Plus since we're always trailing because of our offense sucking. It allows teams a two way go, they can run the ball to take time off the clock or pass. I think all defenses would agree it's a lot easier to play defense with a lead than always trailing. With all that and always being on the field they are top 5 in both yards and scoring, also top 5 in pass defense, and top 10 in sacks. Are they a shut down defense no. But considering they are always on the field because of a bad offense, tells me defense is not something I'm worried about. Just like I doubt the Broncos think their defense is a problem.

As for the Ravens game, Dalton and the offense kept turning it over. The Houston game the defense gave up one td, which 60 rush yards came on that play. Pittsburgh game offense decided not to show up in the second half. Last week while not playing dominant defense, the Bengals only won the game because of the defense scoring a td late because the offense wasn't going to.

The defense is the least of my concerns. If we had even a decent offense, I think people would feel very differently. The offense has done nothing to help this defense. The defense hasn't been great the last 2 weeks but no where near as bad as some of you act.

Yes we do, but the d stinks too most of the time!!

Wait and see what a TERRIBLE Bronco offense does to our d next week, I predict we will be physically dominated again!

Yes we do, but the d stinks too most of the time!!

Wait and see what a TERRIBLE Bronco offense does to our d next week, I predict we will be physically dominated again!

That's 2 weeks away lol...once again I will say that's fine if you think our defense sucks. However I can't imagine what other fans think about their defenses though who truly do give up a lot of yards and points each week even if they have a good offense. It's very easy for us as Bengal fans to over react to any thing in a game because we see every single snap of our team. We don't see every snap of all these other teams to realize maybe we are a lot better off defensively than most teams.

That's 2 weeks away lol...once again I will say that's fine if you think our defense sucks. However I can't imagine what other fans think about their defenses though who truly do give up a lot of yards and points each week even if they have a good offense. It's very easy for us as Bengal fans to over react to any thing in a game because we see every single snap of our team. We don't see every snap of all these other teams to realize maybe we are a lot better off defensively than most teams.

Yes, you are correct, so they'll get physically dominated next week by the Titans THEN the week after that by Denver. And I'm not overreacting to anything, this defense either gives up big plays or long drives most of the (by your own admission a 60 yd run on AGAIN, several missed tackles to Watson). YES, the O sucks but for the most part the D does too, got players on the Bengals website calling out other players on the D for not playing with any passion, THE DEFENSE IS NOT GOOD AGAINST anybody that is any good, face it, they tackle about like the O line blocks!!