NLCS: St. Louis vs. New York Mets

Who wins the NLCS?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NLCS?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardinals in 6. I think the Mets are overhyped because they are from NYC.

Maybe it was the fact that they tied for the best record in baseball? Maybe because they were head and shoulders better than all of their peers in the NL? Their pitching is suspect, as is the Cardinals....Don't look for them to be very OVER hyped because of NYC.

Really? Explain please...the Mets ended the season on a four game win streak. The Cardinals had an 8 game losing streak in the last few weeks of the season. Plus they had some mulit-game losing streaks during the season as well. 2-3 big ones.

Maybe it was the fact that they tied for the best record in baseball? Maybe because they were head and shoulders better than all of their peers in the NL? Their pitching is suspect, as is the Cardinals....Don't look for them to be very OVER hyped because of NYC.

Best record in baseball is more, IMO, a product of the poor teams in the NL rather than how good the Mets are.

I will concede that I have a bias where I don't like any NY teams in any sport. They seem to be the only teams, good or bad, the national media talks about.

For example, I get sick and tired of hearing about how bad the NY Knicks are. Who cares?

Or how spectular the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry is? I don't care.

I do think one of the big problems the Cardinals will have is that Carpenter might get a max of two starts with his first being Game 3 and 4. Where if he could have started Game #1, he might have pulled out 3 starts.

Right, BUT, that's the league that they and the CARDINALS are in...meaning they were the best of the worst.

I would agree that they are the best of the NL but not the best in the ML's. And the good thing about the playoffs, doesn't matter what you did for 162 games, just 3 series.

The Mets could get very hot and win this thing. And I would hate that.:D

I also have a thing against large markets and the unfair situation that they have. I would prefer any team rather than a large market team to win.

EXCEPT, got to root for my boy, #21, Sean Casey to win it all.