Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry 35 Johnson Central 19

Featured Replies

Eagles look good early and Belfry piddles around and falls behind 19-0

 

Belfry hits a long pass play and then has a questionable call that went against them that kind of breathed life into the players and fans...

 

All told Belfry rips off 35 unanswered as Hunter and Browning take the game over and the Pirate Defense adjusts and gives JC all sorts of fits in the 2nd Half

 

Big win for Belfry

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats Belfry. JC a 2 game losing streak entering the playoffs.

About what I expected. I think I said 2 TDs

  • Author

JC had a massive size advantage and gave Belfry trouble early as the Eagles wore the small Pirate Defense down, the Pirates utilized their athleticism and got the ball into the hands of Hunter and he took the game over. Four Total TD's, two rushing two receiving.

 

Avery Browning really struggled early with his reads, but he settled in and was dominant the last three quarters including a pair of beautiful runs

BELFRY

1st Half- 13 carries, 39 yards

2nd Half- 24 carries, 292 yards

TOTAL 37 carries, 331 yards

 

Browning 2/3, 77 yards, 2 TD 9 carries, 103 yards

 

 

JC

1st Half- 30 carries, 102 yards

2nd Half- 15 carries, 15 yards

Total- 45 carries, 117 yards

  • Author

Hunter 2 catches for 77 yards and 2 TD, 6 carries, 96 yards, 2 TD

What defensive adjustments did the Pirates make? Asking for a friend. :)

  • Author
What defensive adjustments did the Pirates make? Asking for a friend. :)

 

They gave their Defense time to rest more than anything LOL

What defensive adjustments did the Pirates make? Asking for a friend. :)

 

Haywood had Love on speed dial. LOL

What defensive adjustments did the Pirates make? Asking for a friend. :)

 

LOL...with a difference in halves like that, Haywood must have taken Matney to the coaching woodshed.

Whoa, a story of two halves...rough couple of weeks for the Eagles.

Belfry looked off balance on defense the bulk of the first half. JC had them guessing, it looked like, and they alternated well between the various options out of the wishbone, and bubble screens. Preece does a nice job running that offense.

 

Midway the 2nd quarter the Pirates started to find some offense, and the defense started to figure it out. 2nd half was ALL pirates.

 

It was really fun to watch the Belfry team settle in and get to work. Down 19 to a quality team is a tough mountain to climb, but the Pirates didn't panic and just did what they do.

Basically what I expected. JC has no one with the speed to stay with Hunter. Once he has daylight, it’s over.

 

Congrats Pirates on a well earned victory.

 

JC is not trending in the right direction.

Hey Alt Cat,

 

Wanna run a couple of things by you!I think this is about the third game Belfry has come alive in the second half against quality competition and it ignites the whole team, especially the undersized D-Line!What gives? A good 'ol you gonna play ball tonight or what? I seem to think it comes from great coaching adjustments BUT something else is lighting a fire under them to play the way they do in the second half! Yes, they are much smaller on the D-Line than the past four years, but they are also quicker and get to the ball carrier much faster! The O-Line is just about as big as last year and I think we get them all back! What do we have from the Middle School coming up? Is anybody in 3-A anywhere as close as JC this year? I think our stock rose a lot with the JC win and JC's stock and confidence rose a bunch!I really think Belfry is probably the odds on favorite to win it now! Boyle kinda scares me but what are the records of the teams they are running over? hopefully we won't have to play Central in Louisville and I don't think Corbin is as strong as advertised! I can't believe they have Belfry so far down when it comes to other schools! A lot of people believe in the SOS they have out but I find it hard to comprehend! Your thoughts?

Tusi,

 

Sounds like you got to go to the game! What's going on with this changing gears in the second half stuff!I figured like you. Our D-Line was custom made for their Offense and I figured just that til the second half! About the third time we have shut GOOD teams down then! I just can't see where the coaching staff could make that many adjustments! We just seem to turn it up! Are we in that better shape? Seems like smaller and quicker is better WHEN we decide to play ball! Win HAD to help us with BOTH scheduling and confidence! Just the opposite with JC! I still haven't figured how our SOS was so low! We have played some quality teams and I think the odds on favorite to win it all again! Again I think that SOS was a joke! Boyle has been bulldozing teams but who what are their combined win/ loss records? Corbin played a lot of 1-A and 2-A teams and got some home help from the zebrasI think! All they have to do is set their alarm for the semis! If Belfry keeps winning won"t that be at CAM? Central tough at home but have not played but maybe one or two middle of the road 6-A teams! Again, I think after tonight seedings and confidence put Belfry at the top of the pack! Seems like the team is feeding off of each other but why wait til the second half when it could be too late! Have we ever played Boyle? Have they always been 4-A until the past 2-3 years? I think they have won 7 championships, all 4-A. What do you say my friend? With this crazy cross scheduling it's gonna be like a three ring circus! One thing for sure, mention Belfry and everybody sits up and takes notice! We've come a long way!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.