Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A #2 Bowling Green at Bullitt Central

Who wins Bowling Green or Bullitt Central 19 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Bowling Green or Bullitt Central

    • Bowling Green
      100%
    • Bullitt Central
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Bowling Green is 7-2 after a big win over South Warren 43-7.

Bullitt Central is 6-3 after beating Nelson County 54-7.

 

Naysayers were doubting the 2 time defending Champion Purples after they lost to PRP and St. X. However Bowling Green has not lost to a 5A team since the 2014 playoffs.

Can the host Cougars get the upset on Senior Night, or do the Purples handle business as they prepare for another playoff run?

I'd love to hear from some in the know on Bullitt Central.

 

Colonel Mike gave a good report on them when they played Oldham County.

I think they are a running team. I watched them at the Central Hardin 7v7 and they didn't look comfortable throwing the ball alot. So I anticipate they will try to run alot. But in order to beat BG, you are going to have to mix it up!

When South Oldham played them, BC ran and ran. Daylin Huff plays QB and is a very elusive runner. Along with Zac Clark, who is also a very good runner, they form a pretty darn good tandem. Unfortunately they do not have much in the way of passing the ball. I do not believe they have thrown more than 50 passes all season. They do a lot of read option between the Huff and Clark and toss sweeps to try to get either of them into space.

Defensively they are very aggressive but lack a lot of speed. Huff plays safety and is a pretty good ball hawk.

Easy trip up I-65 to Shepherdsville. BG should have an easy time with BC. Run the ball and hope no one gets hurt.

I'm pulling for a BC upset as my nephew plays for the Cougars. Unfortunately, my heart knows otherwise so I'd be happy for an injury free night.

I'm pulling for a BC upset as my nephew plays for the Cougars. Unfortunately, my heart knows otherwise so I'd be happy for an injury free night.

 

Tank,

I'm with ya on the no injuries. Do you have any idea who BC is scheduled to play 1st round of the playoffs? Just curious.

Tank,

I'm with ya on the no injuries. Do you have any idea who BC is scheduled to play 1st round of the playoffs? Just curious.

 

I don't. Unfortunately I don't follow them as closely as I'd like. You may be able to get some info in the "5A bracket" thread.

Purples will put last Friday's big win behind them (as they should) and focus on task at hand. Get running clock as fast as possible and get all starters out of game. No emphasis this week on padding any players numbers. Get the win and head back to the house as quick as possible. WITHOUT INJURY!

 

46-6 Purples

I am planing on making the trip up to support the Purples. I suspect this will be a blow out game and probably a clock runner. Hopefully the Purples leave with no injuries.

Ok. I have to work in Caneyville that evening, but will be coming back through Shepherdsville around Kickoff. So I'm going to the game to at least cheer on my nephew.

Ok. I have to work in Caneyville that evening, but will be coming back through Shepherdsville around Kickoff. So I'm going to the game to at least cheer on my nephew.

 

I hope your nephew has a great game, Tank. My wife is having surgery Friday morning and I will have to miss the game. I think the Purples can handle their business, even if I'm not at the game.

I hope your nephew has a great game, Tank. My wife is having surgery Friday morning and I will have to miss the game. I think the Purples can handle their business, even if I'm not at the game.

Hope the surgery goes well PA. Purples will pull it out for you!

They will have the #2 seed and host Dixie Heights from what I can tell,

Bowling Green 35-7.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.