Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville-based Aspire Academy has released its roster

Featured Replies

Aspire Academy features former Hopkinsville star Jalen Johnson and former Wesley Christian (EKY) player TJ Smith. Students attend DeSales.

 

Aspire plays home-and-home with Wesley this year, is scrimmaging Fern Creek, plays some home games at DeSales and has a neutral-court game in November at Central Hardin near Elizabethtown (3 miles off either Exit 91 or 94 on I-65 and where the WK and BG Parkways meet).

 

DMS9J6oXUAMTUqk.jpg

  • Replies 32
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bet St. Anthony Catholic and Wesley Christian love these guys.

So what's the deal here? Is this a prep school? Will they play a national schedule?

Aspire Academy features former Hopkinsville star Jalen Johnson and former Wesley Christian (EKY) player TJ Smith. Students attend DeSales.

 

Aspire plays home-and-home with Wesley this year, is scrimmaging Fern Creek, plays some home games at DeSales and has a neutral-court game in November at Central Hardin near Elizabethtown (3 miles off either Exit 91 or 94 on I-65 and where the WK and BG Parkways meet).

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64191[/ATTACH]

 

So these kids are taking classes at DeSales? Obviously DHS isn't a powerhouse that would attract these kids on their own but what is the High School getting by allowing this prep school to use their school/gym? Is Aspire renting out the gym or paying any kind of tuition?

 

I'm not close to the situation but I can only imagine that having an elite level team may prompt most students/fans to attend the Aspire games instead of DeSales' games.

 

Just trying to understand what DeSales gains from the situation! Good Luck to both programs!

It appears that Aspire is currently scheduled to only play 3 games at DeSales: one in November, one in December and one on February. Perhaps more will be added. But I don't think many people who normally would go to a DeSales game would decide not to go because they instead are going to one of the three Aspire games.

 

As for what DeSales gets out of the deal: DeSales is a school. Its primary purpose is to education young men. It makes total sense to me that DeSales would admit these young men as students, because that's what schools do. I don't know for sure, but my guess is that they will pay tuition unless they qualify for financial assistance.

Thank you! I didn't go to their schedule; I assumed they would play a typical high school schedule with more "home" games... agree though that with just three games it isn't a big deal. Have to admit, if I was a DeSales player I wouldn't enjoy seeing a seven footer in the hallway and not having him as a teammate!

Thank you! I didn't go to their schedule; I assumed they would play a typical high school schedule with more "home" games... agree though that with just three games it isn't a big deal. Have to admit, if I was a DeSales player I wouldn't enjoy seeing a seven footer in the hallway and not having him as a teammate!

 

Agreed.

Thank you! I didn't go to their schedule; I assumed they would play a typical high school schedule with more "home" games... agree though that with just three games it isn't a big deal. Have to admit, if I was a DeSales player I wouldn't enjoy seeing a seven footer in the hallway and not having him as a teammate!

 

How true, but if the DeSales team got occassion to go up against the Aspire team every so often, then I could see a benefit in that way. I believe that playing against better competition fosters improvement.

What am I missing? Why cant they play for desales and the AA?

What am I missing? Why cant they play for desales and the AA?

 

Transfer rules would probably keep them from playing at Desales, look at their last high schools. They all came here to play together on this "Prep School" type team.

Plus, a KHSAA by-law prohibits a basketball player for a KHSAA school to participate on any other team from the beginning of the school year to the end of the KHSAA basketball season.

I'm not sure how I feel about this type of setup.

How true, but if the DeSales team got occassion to go up against the Aspire team every so often, then I could see a benefit in that way. I believe that playing against better competition fosters improvement.

 

 

Even when the games end up 80-15?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.