2A Game of the Week: #1 Danville at #3 Lexington Christian Academy

Who gets the win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

Pulling for Danville but this fella and his comments really make it difficult.

I don't really care if you like my comments or not but you tell me what I said right there that is offensive? Who has LCA played that is on the level of Tates Creek, Frederick Douglass and Boyle County? That wasn't meant as a cut on LCA. That was just a fact.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LCA has way too many weapons for Danville to defend. Danville's secondary isn't that great, and a banged up Don Harris makes it a long night for Danville. Danville's QB is to inconsistent, and a game like this every possession is importan. LCA will score, I dont think Danville can match score for score with them. LCA 35 Danville 21

Harris sat out last game so he might not be as banged up as he has been.

Pulling for Danville but this fella and his comments really make it difficult.

Ah, don't let one fan do that! LCA is a good team, and I think most of us have been waiting on this game all season, or even since last season. It's going to be a tough one, no matter who wins. Going to be even tougher to win twice.

Ah, don't let one fan do that! LCA is a good team, and I think most of us have been waiting on this game all season, or even since last season. It's going to be a tough one, no matter who wins. Going to be even tougher to win twice.

I have also been waiting on this game for almost a complete year now. I have great respect for LCA and can't wait to watch the game Friday night.

It bothers me that @Juke thinks I was trying to in any way bad mouth LCA so I'm going to rephrase my comment from yesterday.

If I were an LCA fan, I would be nervous about the schedule so far.

Here's a breakdown:

Waggener 3-5

Pikeville 3-4

Vincennes Lincoln NA

Lexington Catholic 4-4

Walton Verona 6-2

Kentucky Country Day 7-1

Middlesoboro 2-6

Somerset 5-4

Total Records of Kentucky Teams: 30-26

Best Wins vs. Kentucky teams?

I still would say Lexington Catholic, Waggener and Somerset are their best wins.

That, in NO way is a shot at LCA. They may very well come out and put Danville on a running clock Friday night. If so, I'm sure they will do so with class and represent the city of Lexington well.

All I meant was that they haven't exactly played the most difficult schedule in 2A yet. Nothing more, nothing less.

And, since I did the LCA breakdown. Here's a look at Danville's schedule so far:

Frederick Douglass 6-2

Knox Central 6-2

Boyle County 7-1

Pulaski County 4-4

Waggener 3-5

Garrard County 3-5

Tates Creek 6-2

Somerset 5-4

Middlesboro 2-6

Totals Records: 42-31

I would call their best 3 wins: Boyle County, Tates Creek and Frederick Douglass

In my opinion (I swear this isn't a knock on LCA or Lexington or @Juke or anyone else), Danville has been tested a little more to this point.

I definitely agree with you on the issue of schedule strength, @Wireman. LCA's best win is probably LexCath. Danville has a win over a team that just rolled the Knights. If you combine the wins for these two teams, Danville has four of the top five best wins, IMO.

- Danville's best win (Boyle County) is better than LCA's (LexCath).

- Danville's second best win (Frederick Douglass) is better than LCA's (KCD).

- Danville's third best win (Tates Creek) is better than LCA's (Somerset).

- Danville's fourth best win (Knox Central) is better than LCA's (Walton Verona).

I would argue that Somerset is only Danville's fifth best win, and the Jumpers are LCA's third best.

I have also been waiting on this game for almost a complete year now. I have great respect for LCA and can't wait to watch the game Friday night.

It's going to be one of the best games so far this season. It's going to be a battle til the end, or it should be!