Cats Pause 9th Region Preview

I'm sure you run a very reputable scouting service...but ESPN doesn't even have CJ ranked and I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. Omar Keita is their best in the class of 2018. I would argue that David Johnson, Zion Harmon, and KyKy Tandy are better than CJ. My best part of the profile for Fredrick on ESPN is the fact they have him from Cincinnati, OH.

I believe Fredrick does live in Cincinnati.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that Cov Cath is private but I would think you would have to live in Kentucky to play for a Kentucky High School. Not very fair to public schools who don't have this ability.

Plenty of kids living in Indiana going to and playing sports at private schools in Louisville.

I get that Cov Cath is private but I would think you would have to live in Kentucky to play for a Kentucky High School. Not very fair to public schools who don't have this ability.

I totally agree with you. To play at any hs in Ky u should definitely have to live in Ky.

TOP 10 PLAYERS

1.) C.J. Frederick - Covington Catholic

2.) Adam Kunkel - Cooper

3.) Brennan Hall - Newport Central Catholic

4.) Adam Ruthsatz - Covington Catholic

5.) Mekell Burries - Newport

6.) Jake Walter - Covington Catholic

7.) Ben Toebbe - Beechwood

8.) A.J. Mayer - Covington Catholic

9.) Donnie Miller - Newport

10.) Brayden Runion - Cooper

HMMM, would this be CBU commit Aiden Ruthsatz or is there another one running around? Looking forward to watching him play.

I'm sure you run a very reputable scouting service...but ESPN doesn't even have CJ ranked and I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. Omar Keita is their best in the class of 2018. I would argue that David Johnson, Zion Harmon, and KyKy Tandy are better than CJ. My best part of the profile for Fredrick on ESPN is the fact they have him from Cincinnati, OH.

He’s the highest ranked with Rivals and Scout . Plus all in state rankings have him number 1 in 18 class .

SInce I know it has to be a Friday or Saturday and @ CovCath might I would suggest

3. Fri Dec. 08 Newport Central Catholic @ CovCath 7:30

5. Fri Dec. 15 Cincinnati LaSalle @ CovCath 7:30

The Jan 12 game vs. Cooper @ BB&T arena 8:30 will be a blast but it's not at CovCath.

CovCath KHSAA Schedule

Covington Catholic 217/18 Kentucky High School Boys Basketball

Thanks so much my friend. Really hope we can make it this year.

36th - NewCath & Newport

35th - CovCath & Holmes

34th - Dixie & Lloyd

33rd - Cooper & Conner

I wouldn't sleep on Beechwood or Highlands, but I think they fall short of Regionals, I also wouldn't sleep on Boone County they COULD take that 2nd spot in the 33rd from Conner.

36th - NewCath & Newport

35th - CovCath & Holmes

34th - Dixie & Lloyd

33rd - Cooper & Conner

I wouldn't sleep on Beechwood or Highlands, but I think they fall short of Regionals, I also wouldn't sleep on Boone County they COULD take that 2nd spot in the 33rd from Conner.

I will go ahead and say that Boone WILL take that #2 spot in the 33rd and may give Cooper a run for their money. I watched Haynes nearly all summer and neither Cooper nor Conner match up well with him. I know he’s only one player but he will pose some problems for both schools.

A couple kids I think could very easily been on the top ten list are Tyler Scrheck from Dixie. He will have a big year, but I'm concerned if he will have enough pieces around him for Dixie to be a threat.

The other is Chris McNeal. He could very easily be the best true point guard in the 9th. Kid has a high basketball IQ, can score, and makes he teammates better. I would watch him this year.

A couple kids I think could very easily been on the top ten list are Tyler Scrheck from Dixie. He will have a big year, but I'm concerned if he will have enough pieces around him for Dixie to be a threat.

The other is Chris McNeal. He could very easily be the best true point guard in the 9th. Kid has a high basketball IQ, can score, and makes he teammates better. I would watch him this year.

Really good player !