Cats Pause 9th Region Preview

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my bucket list is to go watch a Cov Catholic home game. Which do you all suggest?

SInce I know it has to be a Friday or Saturday and @ CovCath might I would suggest

3. Fri Dec. 08 Newport Central Catholic @ CovCath 7:30

5. Fri Dec. 15 Cincinnati LaSalle @ CovCath 7:30

The Jan 12 game vs. Cooper @ BB&T arena 8:30 will be a blast but it's not at CovCath.

CovCath KHSAA Schedule

Covington Catholic 2

What don’t you get ? Because CJ is better . I evaluated them both all spring and Summer . CJ dominated Adam in Vegas and had a monster summer . He’s the unanimous number one player in state of Kentucky in my service . If you don’t take my word look at every other ranking or scouting service. You can determine how good a player is by the offers they get. . Belmont was Adams biggest offer which is great but CJ choose Iowa over Ohio State , Nebraska , Xavier , UC . Those are a big difference to Belmont . I watched tape of every Cooper Covington Catholic game From Hudle from the last year . CJ didn’t play in the first game and Adam struggled and frankly cost them the game with his shot selection down the stretch . ADam was great in second half in the game at NKU and CJ was bad . But CJ clearly was best player on the floor in Vegas game and was all spring and summer. Both kids seem to be great kids who work hard and will have great senior seasons . One Game or two doesn’t make a kid better either way. But your recruitment does !

Edited by Muskie

Simple CJ is better. CJ dominated Adam in a aau game this year so that’s a false statement. IOWA vs Belmont . Big Ten vs OVC ? Enough said. Cj is the unanimous number 1 ranked player in the state coming out of the summer while Adam slipped out of many scouts and rankings services top ten . He really struggled . They played one regular season game and one aau game its not like they have went at each other a ton . Adam is a great player and Belmont was his biggest best offer . While CJ had Xavier , Nebraska , Ohio State , Michigan and others from what I read so obviously it’s not close

I'm not a college scout but I've seen them both play a lot and it's not that clear to me. Only time will tell.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Repairing Quote

I'm not a college scout but I've seen them both play a lot and it's not that clear to me. Only time will tell.

It is to every College Coach not scout is all I can say and it was all spring and summer ...... I appreciate your opinion and certainly not putting anyone down . Just I saw Vision 22 -Indiana Elite -Louisville Magic play all summer and Spring. It wasn’t close at all . And Walter was much better in that environment than High School ball and passed Adam in all state rankings .

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Repairing Quote

What don’t you get ? Because CJ is better . I evaluated them both all spring and Summer . CJ dominated Adam in Vegas and had a monster summer . He’s the unanimous number one player in state of Kentucky in my service . If you don’t take my word look at every other ranking or scouting service. You can determine how good a player is by the offers they get. . Belmont was Adams biggest offer which is great but CJ choose Iowa over Ohio State , Nebraska , Xavier , UC . Those are a big difference to Belmont . I watched tape of every Cooper Covington Catholic game From Hudle from the last year . CJ didn’t play in the first game and Adam struggled and frankly cost them the game with his shot selection down the stretch . ADam was great in second half in the game at NKU and CJ was bad . But CJ clearly was best player on the floor in Vegas game and was all spring and summer. Both kids seem to be great kids who work hard and will have great senior seasons . One Game or two doesn’t make a kid better either way. But your recruitment does !

Based on the logic that level of recruitment "makes a kid better", I would think Walter would be Number 1 since he has the best scholarship offer to come out of the 9th for this senior class.

Frankly, it doesn't matter to where these young men rank. They are all great players and are going to get a free education using their basketball skills!

What is the name of your recruitment service?

Based on the logic that level of recruitment "makes a kid better", I would think Walter would be Number 1 since he has the best scholarship offer to come out of the 9th for this senior class.

Frankly, it doesn't matter to where these young men rank. They are all great players and are going to get a free education using their basketball skills!

What is the name of your recruitment service?

Why is that ? Fredericks was offered by Xavier as well. You are right all these young men will get to play college basketball for free. Walter 1 or Fredericks 1 or vice versa Im okay with.

Frankly I don't think it matters. CJ and AK have two different games and BOTH are excellent players. One was recruited much heavier than the other, it is what it is, and I am sure both will have solid college careers. Bottom line is both will have to lead their respective teams and both will "potentially" will have to guard one another at some point when they do meet and they will get at each other when they do but neither is "lockdown" defensively but their coaches will demand they step it up in that department and lead their teams. Jake will be solid as well as I know he got better over the summer. Key will be how his coach uses him (or not uses him) in their offense. Defensively, 7ft is 7ft and he can/should dominate.

NKY hasn't had a good run on multiple players going D1 in a long time so personally I am going to enjoy the ride this season.

I'm sure you run a very reputable scouting service...but ESPN doesn't even have CJ ranked and I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. Omar Keita is their best in the class of 2018. I would argue that David Johnson, Zion Harmon, and KyKy Tandy are better than CJ. My best part of the profile for Fredrick on ESPN is the fact they have him from Cincinnati, OH.