Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Flu shots

Featured Replies

So do you get them or not?

My son was offered a freebie and my wife recommended no. I told him to get it. I turned mine down.

Thoughts?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every year without fail.

 

Just got our little one his a few weeks ago.

 

Wife typically doesn't get one though.

Got mine yesterday.

 

I had a bad reaction about 5 years ago. Got really sick for a week to 10 days. I skipped getting the shot for a couple years, but I haven't had anything like that one time.

  • Author

Never had one and never had a really bad flu.

My son is a type 1 diabetic so I stronger urge him to get one every year.

 

I get one at work every year. I'm pretty sure Mr. Cat and my girl both get one every year through their doctors.

The lovely lady and I got one last week. We have been getting them for as long as a can remember. Never missed a year. Neither of us have had a reaction or the flu.

Started getting flu shots about 5 years ago. Had a little bit of a reaction the first one, but have had no issues since then. I've never had the flu, but as I get older, there's no sense in taking chances. My wife, on the other hand, actually used to work where they produced all the flu shots (my father in law was an engineer there), and she has never gotten one. She says since she knows how they are made and what goes in them, she'll never get one. She's never had the flu either.

 

Many of my aunts and uncles are on the vaccine conspiracy train, and refuse all vaccinations. But they believe in almost all the major conspiracy theories.

Strange story, My wife and kids always get them and Ive always skipped 3 years ago when My wife was pregnant with our 3rd child the Dr. Strongly suggested I got one So i did. I didnt have a reaction or anything BUT I noticed when I ate eggs My throat would feel like it was closing. I then went back to the Dr. to see what it could be she then sent me to an allergist and sure enough I was allergic to eggs (I've eaten eggs my whole life). When I went back to regular Dr. after the allergist to go over the results and what not she then informed me with an egg allergy I Shouldnt get the flu shot. I'm thinking whatever is in the flu shot caused the egg allergy to come out.

 

My wife and kids continue to get the flu shot but I was one and done.

I get one each year because they come to work and are free. I also get my kids flu shots each year.

 

One of my kids got the flu once even with the shot, so I know they are not fool proof…. but what the heck, may as well try lol…

Just Do It!!

I get flu, pneumonia series and shingle.

I got the flu once about 12 years ago and I guarantee everyone I haven't missed a flu shot since then.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.